Apologies for any hurt feelings

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• donkey
    donkey

Ahhh...the bliss of a "blanket" amnesty

• reporter
    reporter

Ahhhh, Simon, EMan, and y'all just keep on truckin' here! You're all tops in my books!

Takin' some breaks once and a while I find restores the sanity

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Thanks simon, it takes a real man to try to keep peace.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Simon you are very cool.

they push against any kind of authority.

Guilty as charged. I do that. It must be the liberal in me trying to get out.

I have reactivated Dakota Red's account who I'm pretty sure was the only one dactivated over the war, if he wants to come back it's up to him

You just took the fire out of 99.9% of the issues I held over all those [authority] topics. Like I said on that issue I wanted to be proven wrong & now I am. ("And that's a good thing")

I have already apologised for hurt feelings I may have caused, I am not apologising for my opinions which I hold to.
    An apology is due those that I have called names. So, I am sorry to those who I have offended. Not for my opinion just as Simon put it, but for any bad feelings that I have caused here. I do regret that.
  • Simon
    Simon

I know I wil never please everyone or achieve the lofty goal of being 100% fair and consistent but I'll keep trying.

The main thingis that when we are wrong we can get over it and move on, there's no need to harbour resentments for years (how do people do that?!)

I have the utmost respect for many of the people who disagree with most vehemently. I think people would be surprised if they knew who my favourite posters were (but of course I'll never tell )

• animal
    animal

Discussing any subject is a simple thing, it all depends on the words used. In a face to face situation, it is all in tone and body language. Online, we have neither.

When one disagrees with another, they can either say "How could you be such a moron" or "How can you be so stupid".... OR, they can be respectful and say "I disagree, here is how I think ..........". Simple, right? Nothing disrespectful, no haughtiness, and nothing rude about it. Simple disagreement.

As I see it, way too many people on this site (and many others) use thier posts to boost themselves in others eyes. Pointing out typos, for example, seems childish to me. Anyone that sees a typo but knows what word is meant will and should ignore it. Hell, I probly have typos in this post. Who cares, other than those "better" than us (in thier eyes).

As for the war issues, let me be blunt.....

Most people on this sight have no clue about politics due to thier being in the JW religion. The few that do understand how dirty politics are, and how the media sways peoples weak minds. Most of what I read on this site is extreme one way or the other, Conservative or Liberal. If it were me, I wouldnt let anyone use a JW/exJW site for a political soapbox.

As for why I dont do much here anymore, I dont need the constant reminder of what sucked in my life. I have had a small forum on my family site for years, and I hang there with a few from here and others not from here. We dont (generally) discuss how being a JW caused us to be what we are either. We just talk.

OK, I am done.

Animal

• ballistic
    ballistic

Simon, I just want to say that you carry out a good job of the balancing act between Director of the Board and an active participant. It is a fact that most managing directors of companies don't have much contact with the shop floor workers. Sometimes, respect is hard to come by when everyone fights in the same arena. You seem to carry the job off without being cowardly, without being the owner who would purely rely on front men or layers of beaurocracy or a mysterious absence. This in iteslf speaks volumes. I'm glad to be a member and and aquaintance.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

{{{{{{{{hugh SLAP on the back}}}}} WAY TO GO SIMON!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I know I probably go too far sometimes and can get a little 'determined' on some issues (my wife calls it pig headed & stubborn)

May be it is those qualities that have given us this board that we know and love,,, Keep on Truckin....

• Englishman
    Englishman

So this is the key:

Simon said:

If people do decide to come back, they should know that I do not hold grudges but by the same token don't expect them to rake up old arguments.

Seems reasonable.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit