Apologies for any hurt feelings

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

I know I probably go too far sometimes and can get a little 'determined' on some issues (my wife calls it pig headed & stubborn)

Sometimes I am too blunt. Sometimes I won't let things go and want to prove my point. Sometimes I hurt people's feelings.

I don't mean to.

Some things I feel passionately about and I will always do what I think is right, even if the rest of the world thinks it's wrong. Sometimes the rest of the world is right and I'm too dumb to listen !

Things have got a bit heated here lately and I've been guilty of contributing to it. I think we should try and calm things down a little and get the forum back on purpose. A lot of things have happened over the last several months that have had a lot of us at each others throats and I don't like the site going like that.

In return for me keeping my trap shut, I expect other people to do the same.

While I welcome constructive criticism and don't mind people disagreeing with me, I do find some of the constant negative criticism very agrevating and tiresome I will not be responding to it as I have in the past. Rather than trying to explain any and all actions to anyone and everyone who demands it, I will either ignore or simply delete such posts and things can be done via PM or Email. I don't have time to spend with people who just want to 'play to the crowd' and make issues out of minor things with no attempt to sort things out by PM or Email first or no attempt at understanding or allowance.

"This is the end of this public service announcement"

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

<<I love someone humble enough to apologize>>>

• Swan
    Swan

huh? Is this about the Google thing? If it is I have no problem with it. It's your site, advertise what you need (want) to.

Tammy

• outnfree
    outnfree
    In return for me keeping my trap shut, I expect other people to do the same

Deal!

outnfree

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Myself, I took a break from it all and now I just stay out of the heated threads, I don't see a point in arguing. I feel better now

• waiting
    waiting

Hey sweetpea (ang).................

ok.......Simon too.

I've been taking a break from being so involved here for a while - it's been useful to me. However, I don't run this site........I have the freedom to do that.

Not so for y'all. You married this baby. I'm sure that in hindsight.............you might have reconsidered this venture if you had had ANY idea it would have grown to monster size.

I think you're human, Simon. And a man..............which might not be the same thing sometimes - and I think you're marvelous.

waiting

• Hamas
    Hamas

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
    My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
    Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
    So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

thats it !!!

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes my friend.

la via esta duro, amigo

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

((Simon))

I accept your apology and I offer you one of my own for the exact same reasons.

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((Simon)))))))

You know, much of what you wrote there applies to me too. I think the more vocal amongst us are those who have the same qualities/quirks, and when we disagree with each other - watch out!!!

I am a very passionate person, and I learnt from a young age to stand up for what I believe in. I had to, in order to be a good little JW at school. That learned behaviour is now a part of my personality, as it is for many of us here. I hope we learn to use that quality for good, for helping others, and for standing up against our common foe, the WTS!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I'm sure a man who cares about his wife and the future of his two sons is apt to get passionate about anything that would negatively affect them in this world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit