No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So, did you cut your hair and have your pants narrowed?

Yes but after this event I didn't return to going out in service or giving talks.

Actually tight pants were also in fashion back in the 1960's by men/teens.

I don't remember any JW men being counseled on wearing them to be honest.

Remember the psychedelic 60's when clothing was bright and flashy, bell bottoms or baggies were in fashion.

Wearing them would really draw in attention by old conservative elders.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I think we're missing the point. Who at Bethel would have the clout to make someone not go in service?? The foundational activity of all JWs? Even a reproved murderer can go in service.

Anyone anyone... Bueller Bueller

The Legal department.

My read- this is a typical homophobic conflagration of homosexuality and pedophilia. They think they're being proactive by preventing homosexuals from going in service.....

Thoughts?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe someone should point out to AM that back in biblical times there was homosexual activities within those ancient civilizations and you can best be assured that those men weren't wearing tight pants.

• Listener
    Listener

Oubliette, I agree, this is not just about clothes and goes way beyond that on many levels. The opening post gives a fairly limited view.

Could I suggest that you start a new thread and begin with the actual course outline that is being delivered by CO's to elders?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Being anti-gay isn't new for the WTBTS. But attempting to ban someone from worship for seeming gay is new. Where does that behavior lead if left unchecked?

This seems like more than a dress code issue to me. Am I missing something?

This almost feels like an knee-jerk reaction from the WTBTS. Perhaps someone at the top really believes that being gay leads to pedophilia?? They wouldn't be in all this legal trouble if people weren't dressing "gay." LOL!!

Simon, I think we agree that controlling Xianity is not new. I just feel this issue has more going on beneath the surface. I feel it's more than a dress code issue, and it's abusive. What can we expect from people who blame gays for child abuse?

You asked if I was referring to gay people? I'm only mentioning being gay because the WTBTS is making an issue of it. Then again, I feel this is more than a dress code issue.

DD

• cofty
    cofty

The letter actually says that somebody who "displays gender-blurring characteristics" should not be recommended for Bethel service. Not that there are many jobs going at Bethel anyway.

Then it says that if somebodies "dress and grooming is disturbing to the congregation" then in rare cases, after repeated counsel has been rejected, the elders might decide they can't go in the ministry.

There is actually no mention of being stopped knocking doors for being camp.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Hmm, you might be onto something there with the conflation of homosexuality and pedophilia.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

AM gave talk not long ago and he pointed out that these modern times are full of immoral sexual degradation.

He was also referring to openly unrestrained homosexuality, from that ideological position.

He blamed Yoga pants as being inappropriate attire, not to be worn by true Christians,

namely JW woman and went on to men wearing tight pants as well, as wearing them could attract thoughts of homosexuality.

To say the this guy is far off the known sociological behavior of modern societies would be an understatement.

• lrkr
    lrkr
    Lol right. Conflation not conflagration!!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The recent court cases involving pedophilia might very well have some influencing effects brought down to the elders to make sure the flock out in service are looking conservatively wholesome and dressed in that appealing manner.

There is some talk going around that the JW organization is hiding pedophiles within their organization.

Well will prove them wrong ........ God Dam it !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit