history repeats itself

by waton 11 Replies latest social humour

• waton
    waton

or why jws are immune to insight.

This week's midweek meeting bible reading 1 Cor. 14 " It is a disgrace for woman to speak"

next thing: women are speaking amplified, prompted by men, just like the generic beginning story:

Eve : "we are not supposed to touch, eat" . next thing you know: they both touched and ate. The rest is history. again.

nothing new under the sun.

• zeb
    zeb

I often wondered why Paul pursued that anti women thing. He would have known the works of Jesus and the way he would stop and talk to any person and that includes women. T o me Paul was furthering the old mosaic system where women were second class and a commodity. Some 'footage' of his personal life might be revealing.

• waton
    waton
    I often wondered why Paul pursued that anti women thing zeb.

If the above passage, and 1 Tim 2:11-15 were not meant to be in the "Holy Scriptures", the divine redactor would have removed them by now* surely.

This is not about woman talking, but teaching, commanding in the congregation of the holy ones.

funny to listen to the official wt line, since 1958 at Yankee Stadium and Polo Grounds. NY NY., repeated this week.

*proof, that the bible is not hs inspired, just as wt is not spirit directed.

• blondie
    blondie

Rutherford's books and magazine articles reveal his strong views on "the proper place of women" in the church and society. In a 1931 book he linked the post-1919 rise of women's movements that encouraged equality of the sexes with satanic influence,[192] and claimed the custom of men tipping their hats to women or standing when a woman approached was a scheme of the devil to turn men from God and indicated an effeminate streak in men who practiced the custom.[187] Mother's Day was similarly described as part of a plan to turn people away from God.[193] In 1938 he urged adherents to delay marriage and child-bearing until after Armageddon,[194]which Wills claims prompted a strong community bias among Witnesses against marriage. Those who did marry, says Wills, were considered to be weak in faith.[195] At a 1941 convention in Missouri he quoted Rudyard Kipling's description of women as "a rag and a bone and a hank of hair".[187][196]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Franklin_Rutherford

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The bible/wt continually points at Eve as the example to fit all women. Funny how they don't use Saul as an example for all men.

Eve = she was tricked and is untrustworthy. Solution - She should always have a man tell her what to do.

Adam - lost the chance for a perfect life because the desire for his wife swayed him. Solution - Don't let men be in a position of leadership.

See, never will happen with the men because they wrote the book.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Wise woman 1.Abigail acted quickly and coz of her actions a lot of bloodshed was stopped from happening. Whereas Nabal is stated as "good for nothing". his name means fool and folly goes with him says 1 Samuel 25:25

2. god said to Abraham to listen to his wife Sarah

3.Ruth acted wisely and thus bagged Boaz(not mean to be offensive).

All of these women are forgotten.

When they need insignificant jobs done then women are praised mentioned as "capable woman" (proverbs) , compared to Sarah, hospitality like Martha etc. All this so women can slave for the men at gatherings...cook, clean, wash and look after cildren so the wannabee men can sit around looking like important men !

I have seen it all in my congregation. it is disgusting.

Zing

• waton
    waton
    Adam - lost the chance for a perfect life because the desire for his wife swayed him. dof-p

nothing in the story suggests that anything, no action by Adam, would have extended Eve's life beyond the < ~1000 year early human lifespan. ( imagine that, with only fig leafs added!)

Adam should have just accepted his fate, foregone that particular organic fruit, and lived for a millennium with his near - perfect wife, and then acted before the incest laws kicked in.

not endorsing, just having fun with the botched story.

"a rag and a bone and a hank of hair" B.

most men, near worship their wives, consider them the most precious. see Trojan Wars.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

God gave them both free will,to obey /disobey is a choice too.they chose to use their freewill and ate of the fruit, god chooses to punish them for using their freewill ! Pray tell me is it fair?

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

All the women posting comments here...Did you get your husbands permission to post here?

Zing

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Male dominated society's have fu*ked things up for a long time. I don't think women could do any worse! But as long as society's are dominated by men, women will continue to be 2nd class! Funny how I've changed in my thinking about women and equality since I left the wt!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit