Belief in God

by jdash 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

When I was 14, I prayed to Jehovah and said that I would dedicate my life to him and pioneer if he would stop my dad from abusing us.

"He" didn't. I didn't even want to be a JW anymore by the time I finished my first year of pioneering when I was 15. I realized JW elders were assholes, including my dad.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

If all believers had displayed genuine love, no atheists would have been born on earth. Hence hypocritical religionists created atheists. That means religion is the wrong path to come to a conclusion about the existence of God which would be like a blind man asserting there is no light.

Many have understood how unreliable religion is. For example, Paul Davies understood “science offers a surer path to God than religion” (The Mind of God, a physicist’s view of God’s existence)

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Paul Davies didn’t realize science shows us that the universe tries its best to kill us.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

TheGirlnextDoor,

You still alive. And enjoying all provisions for life's enjoyment.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I’m lucky like the sperm that reached the egg, the acorn seed out of thousands that found fertile ground, not living in the wake of a tsunami, cat 5, Black Death or Spanish Flu.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

TheGirlNextDoor,

You are just echoing people like David Hume’s argument that if unpleasant things such as disease, epidemics, natural calamities exit, then God doesn’t exist. That’s just someone’ thoughts. Thoughts are the chattering one’s mind does just like words coming out of your mouth. Just putting some words may or may not make sense, putting some thoughts may or may not make sense.

But I do my homework, and found out answers to your questions. Nothing happens without a reason/s. Researchers from the universities of Coventry and Radboud, through 18 studies — featuring 846 participants over 11 years—found that certain relaxation activities as improving “physical health by causing observable molecular changes in the form of differential gene expression.” (http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00670/full) Simply put, stress [which is one’s choice] causes molecular reactions in DNA resulting in various diseases, and relaxation activities [which is one’s choice] reverse molecular reactions in DNA bringing cure for many diseases. Such automatic mechanism found in our bodies explains link between suffering and one’s choice which means the immaterial core of a person where thinking/choices take place is responsible for what happens to a person—whether good or bad. Renowned American author Luise L Hay first cured her own cancer through positive affirmation and visualization in meditation and dedicated her life to propagate this concept worldwide. She used to tell her audience that one can even choose the way he/she wants to die such as to die peacefully in sleep. And it proved true in her own case because “she passed away peacefully in her sleep on August 30, 2017.” (Life Positive, October 2017, page 17) Thus whether one is aware or not, one’s inner self is the cause for whatever happens to a person.

If what happens to your body (made of elements) is the reflection of what happens in your inner world, its macro aspect is also true. What happens to the environment is the reflection of thinking individuals do collectively. In larger view, anything that happens is a part of process which has its roots into past; hence no correct conclusion can be made by looking only at the end point. When a tree is cut down, limited view would say it fell by one cut whereas the whole picture would say a man made so many cuttings with his axe before that tree fell. The one who cut the tree may be a hired labour, then the one who hired him is the cause; yet he may even say Electricity Officials are the cause because they threatened me as the owner of the tree I must cut it as it was touching the electric cable …. That means there is a starting point and an end point for anything that happens—small or big. If one chooses certain food-habits and life-styles that contribute to excess insulin, he will finally reach the world of diabetic patients. If one enjoys eating non-vegetarian food, he is also a party in the worldwide killing field where innocent animals are slaughtered against best-known principle found in the Bible: “killing a bull is equal to killing a man.” (Isaiah 66:3) Killing is an act of sowing which has to have its reaping sooner or later, and nature does it in its own way and time. If one is alone in one planet, he will be affected by his action only. But if one resides with other people, he will be affected by the decisions of other people also. A reckless driver on a busy high way may get into an accident causing huge traffic jam on account of which many people suffer. Take another case of women being raped which is happening everywhere in the world. To make easy money some women wear sexually arousing dress in the advertisements, movies and TV programs which creates a lustful environment in the world. If a child or even an old woman happens to be before a person who is already sexually charged because he saw some of such pictures or programs, he would pounce on his victim even though victim is modestly dressed! Thus there are no unpleasant/pleasant events, but only consequences. Just like body is the reflection of the inner world, what is happening in the environment is also the reflection of the inner worlds of individuals collective.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Rubbish. You’re illustrating causation.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Everything is cause and effect just like what I wrote made you cause to write back.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Was studying the Bible and getting a better understanding of what it’s like to be a true Christian not a JW when I say some kind of quote about the god of the Canaanites being called EL. I knew from previous studies that the Christian or at least the Jewish god of the Old Testament was also called EL. So I decided to do more research on this canannite god named EL.

• jdash
    jdash

@Ireneus - how do you know that she actually died "peacefully"? Did she wake up in the middle of dying and say she was peacefully dying? We have no logical evidence to base that on. We only have opinions of humans who saw her die, not her own facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit