On respect for the belief of others. Sorry for the long post

by StarTrekAngel 372 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

EdenOne wrote:

I won't even give you the dignity to continue this exchange.

My sincere apologies to other board members and contributors of this thread for the following comment:

It's virtually impossible discussing anything with Viviane. She's a walking argument who adds very little of value to threads. That is unless you agree with her. Even taking a neutral stance is prohibited.

I ceased acknowledging her and the hateful rhetoric.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I don't see it that way about Viviane She is the type of person who questions everything we are all better off by her being here.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

In my opinion, JWN is a fantastic asset for all those who are sitting on the fence or simply on the early stages of doubting the Watchtower Organization. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of anonymous JWs are lurking and reading the threads on this forum, trying to make an accessment about what the so-called "apostates" are saying. There is the potential to make a lot of good in helping these people. But when confrontational people use this forum to bully others, beating them to a pulp just because they hold a different opinion than their own (or even a neutral opinion), then the potential to scare and terrorize those lurkers is also huge. These people who are fearfully secretly disobeying the GB and looking at dissenting views may be discouraged because they may fear to be ridiculed and bullied and will quickly retract to the 'safety' of the Organization. The hateful attitude of some here will only validate their fears that apostates are bitter, angry and hateful people. So, in fact, those bullies are doing a favor to the Watchtower and the Governing Body.

Eden

• talesin
    talesin
    Always keeping in mind that, when a person is trying *so* hard to show their intellectual superiority, they are cowering inside. That person is to be pitied, not feared. *shrugs*
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

It's virtually impossible discussing anything with Viviane. She's a walking argument who adds very little of value to threads. That is unless you agree with her. Even taking a neutral stance is prohibited.

I ceased acknowledging her and the hateful rhetoric.

Well said.

• Listener
    Listener
    Eden - What you just did to me is the ultimate example of name-calling and derogatory remarks that I was talking about before that are unhealthy for this forum and are detrimental for people who come here in search of help. I think you should ask yourself if your drive for confrontation is welcome here. And Simon should ask himself if this continued type of behavior should be allowed to continue in this forum. Because if it is, then I will ask myself if I should continue to come here, for this is no better than the relentless bully witch-hunting that the JW Elders served me with until my JC.

Unfortunately it stifles discussion and it has the potential of losing members here. Your posts show intelligence, are well thought out and allow for open discussion.

It would be a real loss to lose you and ones like you.

We have seen from the past that Simon considers these things seriously and has done well to maintain a welcoming forum. He shows a lot of patience and this might be to allow time for most of us to see that the poster has dug their own grave rather than him just taking a heavy hand even though his experience and intuition has taught him that there might be a problem.

Vivean - So, post your proof, retract your comment and apologize or expect hell.

That is some demand. Let's see that demand going through a court of law.

Calling you a liar without foundation and for a trivial reason was uncalled for but threatening you by saying that you will have hell to pay if you continue your unprovoking comments is over the top.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    "In my opinion, JWN is a fantastic asset for all those who are sitting on the fence or simply on the early stages of doubting the Watchtower Organization. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of anonymous JWs are lurking and reading the threads on this forum, trying to make an accessment about what the so-called "apostates" are saying. There is the potential to make a lot of good in helping these people. But when confrontational people use this forum to bully others, beating them to a pulp just because they hold a different opinion than their own (or even a neutral opinion), then the potential to scare and terrorize those lurkers is also huge. These people who are fearfully secretly disobeying the GB and looking at dissenting views may be discouraged because they may fear to be ridiculed and bullied and will quickly retract to the 'safety' of the Organization. The hateful attitude of some here will only validate their fears that apostates are bitter, angry and hateful people. So, in fact, those bullies are doing a favor to the Watchtower and the Governing Body." - Eden

^^This^^

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Interesting exchange between Eden & Viv.

Could be used as evidence to support StarTrekAngel's OP

On a lighter note, although Viv possesses a quite formidable intelligence, she's obviously not infallible. Check out EndofMysteries' thread:

"Is anybody else going against the majority flow and media hype about the "alarm clock" kid who was suspected of making a hoax bomb?"

She wasn't so hot on that thread ...

• Viviane
    Viviane
    After I said on a previous post that I wasn't willing to go and dig up old threads to prove my point, you resorted to sarcasm to criticize me for that, and covertly affirmed that if I truly believed in "urbanity", I should back up my point with evidence.

I didn't "resort" to sarcasm. I'm offended by the boldness with which you so easily tell lies and make things up to suit your victim narrative. The hypocrisy you display is astounding. I used sarcasm because it was appropriate.

I think you're proving the point of the OP.

The OP claims we should respect all views but won't say whether or not he respects the views of NAMBLA, anti-vaxxers or religious people who let their children die rather than get medical care. It was really just an excuse to start a whining session about me, it seems.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I am sure the posters on this forum that dislike me will, for the sake of consistency and honesty, jump on this blatant instance of name calling by a poster who previously lied and quote mined me and say it's unacceptable, correct?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit