My old congregation is being shuttered

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinionNowLiving
    MinionNowLiving

i wonder if there are any KHs that are NOT now owned by the watchtower?

There must be a fair few that were built with cash donated , loaned by members--bequeathed in wills etc---that were NEVER mortgaged to the society ?

Nope. They own every last one. All titles were seized, mortgaged or not.

Menlo Park tried to resist but the iron fist of Watchtower crushed the elder body like cockroaches.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Nope. They own every last one. All titles were seized, mortgaged or not.

It was one of those (many) situations where a "vote" against a resolution by the congregation would have made no difference.

If any congregation had voted not to hand over their Hall to the Org, then pretty soon it would've been disbanded, the members scattered to neighbouring congs, and the building seized anyway!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There is a Kingdom Hall at 2401 Raven St. in the Carrick neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pa that is owned by a deceased "brother (died 2006) and two trustees. This is on the Allegheny County property website. The image shows the picture of the building with a Kingdom Hall and www.org sign on it. I remember the story that the said "brother" donated the land and the money to build the Kingdom Hall many years ago. I guess that since everything is in this "brother's" and the trustees names, the WT Society cannot confiscate it. The county description shows it as being a place of worship.

Google Earth shows it as being the Pittsburgh Mandarin Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Very interesting!

• James Jack
    James Jack

RULES & REGULATIONS

What is the location of this Kingdom Hall?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

No wonder the big cash & grab somewhere around 2014.

When the Borg instructed the congregations to hand over all $$$$$ except to leave $5000.00 in their local accounts for minor repairs.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    What is the location of this Kingdom Hall?

The congregations that are disbanding are in two different suburbs close to Chicago. The only congregations that are expanding are the Hispanic congregations.

I remember when my congregation was remodeled. We took out a loan for $60,000. Every member was asked for a monthly payment to pay off the loan. Some members paid $20 a month. Now they are being asked to find another Kingdom Hall.

Does anyone know if congregation remodeling loans are made by local banks or the Watchtower Society?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know.

I really hope this is a major wake-up call.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Is someone doing a investigation were Money is going? Private detective or something similar. How can they just sell out halls, other people paid for, keep money and not be considered criminal activity. Only excuse they have given so far is money going to Africa. Just strange not everyone of JWs are wondering about this subject. We talking about millions and millions of dollar.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Transparency nery to be found.

• greenhornet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit