My old congregation is being shuttered

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

HappyDad -- I AGREE!😂

• LV101
    LV101

YUP, HelloThere - money going to Africa alright -- that's hilarious.

They can sell whatever they want since they hold the deeds on the property or halls were coerced to sign over property to them. Once they own the property they can lease it back to the halls-- great business real estate.

If the sheeple lost ownership of hall in Menlo Park (and everywhere) the WT must have legal docs re/all properties must be conveyed back to them. This is normal or like the Catholic Church.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM680V

greenhornet

I took an internet stock photo of a random Kingdom Hall sign. That Kingdom Hall is in Georgia.

There is a post up right now showing where all the Kingdom Halls are being deleted.

1290 JW Congregations have been deleted since 4th Dec 2022

• LV101
    LV101

R&R - thanks for link.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

LV101 - when WTC took ownership of all the KHs, I smelled a rat. They were not about to relive the Menlo Park fiasco (something most JW's are unaware of).

A few years ago, they instructed LDCs to do appraisals of all the KHs. There was clearly a reason and now we know it was to build a liquidation plan, which they are executing as needed to stay in the black.

• LV101
    LV101

ThomasMore - I recall reading few lines about Menlo Park (very rich city/Cali, expensive real estate) and affluent elders litigating the WT. I can't understand why they'd do that if WT legally had the rights to all properties (secret and not made public to halls) unless court ruled outright for religion. If WT had no legal documents claiming ownership (and I'm sure they did) why did they bother. Have you details? Be nice to see the court docs. then we'd know why. Did the JW members use to own their halls -- seems weird but was e/adherent a 1% (whatever) owner.

Yes -- the grab looked like desperation unless they were just wrapping up loose legal ends to avoid issues later and add to assets. I don't know but if this keeps them in the black they'll be carrying on ad infinitum different business model. Interesting times and I keep hearing economy bit tough here -- not sure why w/gaming making more than ever and builders can't keep up with housing. Doubt too many halls will crash here -- looks like 2 have been sold (can't think of term on graph) and one orphaned. Influx of people relocating here might keep the others going.

• LV101
    LV101

looks like jwfacts and more pops up -- public info. I'll check it out.

• MinionNowLiving
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

So, the 'dedication(tm)' talk they did when the structure was built didn't work?

So much for the 'growth(tm)' they boast about.

The Kingdumb Hells in my neck of the woods, it's laughable.

1 is now an Islamic centre.

1 Became a Mosque but I don't know what it is now.

1 Became an African Pentecostal Church.

I wonder if this means JWs are not the true faith?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The congregation that I grew up in consolidated into several other congregations a few years ago. This congregation could trace its roots back to the 1920's as it was one of the first ones out of Pittsburgh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit