My old congregation is being shuttered

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I just found out from my Jehovah's Witness cousin that my old congregation is being shuttered due to lack of elders, less than 20 members attending, and that the congregation cannot meet their monthly expenses.

Here is a congregation that was started in 1975 with less than 15 members. It grew to 185 members in the 1990's. The congregation grew so large that the elders decided to split the congregation in two.

With so many members passing away, some moving to Florida, a few divorces, teens leaving in droves and no new recruits, both congregations are being shut down. All remaining members are being told to attend their nearest congregation.

After giving their precious time, years of dedication, money donations and years of fellowship, the remaining members need to ask themselves, ''Where is this so-called ''Jehovah's Blessing?''

It saddens me that these remaining members refuse to admit that the Watchtower Society does not have their best interest in mind; only the survival of the Watchtower Society Corporation and its business interests!

• Alethia
    Alethia

Wow! Sad state of WT these days. Same happened to my old cong in 2018. Two neighbouring congs merged because they both lost half their members. This religion is sinking fast

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Shades of the Worldwide Church of God founded by Herbert Armstrong. Today, there are dozens of offshoots of that church. Maybe one day, there will be many offshoot JW "churches".

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    It's happening everywhere. We're i live also. Seems the chariot is speeding up...in dismantling watchtower.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

May Jehovah God continue to bless the current trend of congregations being deleted and Kingdom Halls being sold-off...Yay!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes the spiritual chariot is moving so fast these days.

This religion is sinking fast.

Taking on water and can only take it out with a paper cup

• LV101
    LV101

Hellothere -- is this really going on all over the US? I haven't heard but my friend who recently returned to meetings on a regular basis said her congregation is all older people.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

All you see is older ones.

Thats all they have is died in the wool people with the "sunk cost fallacy" sinking in

• LV101
    LV101

Can't imagine reality sinking in the ones I knew of. Did hear (another hall) the elderly/infirm (maybe just some) haven't returned to meetings which is understandable. Heard nothing about attendance issue but maybe they're use to it.

Be a great time to sell halls -- real estate still hot here compared to some places.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I just looked up on the internet my old place of residence that had 5 congregations sharing two halls ,now it looks like there is only one KH in that whole area with possibly two congregations attending.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit