Suicide in the spiritual paradise all too common

by doubtfull1799 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Just heard that a young brother committed suicide this week - the whole congregation is naturally very distressed. What a tragedy. According to my source he'd only been married about a year and his wife found him - he’d hung himself. Surely this should not happen if a spiritual paradise really existed! HIs poor wife will do doubt be extremely traumatised by this. Shows just what a lie 1 Cor 10:13 is. While of course there are no doubt serious medical and psychological issues at play here we don't know about, suicide is the ultimate proof that God allows many to suffer beyond what they can bear... #bestlifeever? #happiestpeopleonearth? I DON'T THINK SO! 😢🤬

• zeb
    zeb

I hope there is a rigorous coronial inquest. Married a year? what a wretched situation.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Surely this should not happen if a spiritual paradise really existed!

To me this is as bad as what they JWs do, using a person's tragedy to make a point. Have some humanity.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When we look at the Hebrew Scriptures /Old Testament books of the Bible without Watchtower Rose Coloured glasses or blinkers on we may learn something.

Under the Theocracy of Jehovah Gods rule soldiers in battle died ,that is why King David sent the husband of Bathsheba to the front because he knew those at the front in battle died.

Also under the Theocracy of Jehovah`s rule ,their was a colony of Lepers that were kept apart from the nation of Israel a colony that obviously still existed up until Jesus day from Aaron and Moses day .Lev.13:2 ,luke 5:12 .

2King 5:3,27

just to name a few scriptures ,their are more .

My point is just because one thinks they are in the" right religion" or even the" true religion" it doesn`t mean jack shit .

How would you think these Lepers would have felt living under Jehovah`s Theocracy cut off from the rest of society ,how would you have felt ?

Were they living in a Spiritual Paradise in King Davids time ? Solomons time ? Leper Colonys still existed then .

Israeli soldiers were still losing their lives in wars that Jehovah sanctioned back then

Jehovah`s Witnesses seem to be oblivious to these facts ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ scratchme, don't you think that more to the point is the total disregard by JW HQ of the down side of their cult, the real consequences of being a JW-- private self loathing, cognitive dissonance, the neurotic obsession with religion, the suppression of personal expression and fulfilment?

Through the Watchtower study and JWTV they only project the way they think their flock should be, and not confront the reality of their followers who struggle to meet the inhuman standards they set.

There are much better and happier ways of living than slaving for the JW org. The poor man who died may have had problems but JW beliefs are never a practical help for troubled people.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    using a person's tragedy to make a point.

The tragedy IS the point.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So sad.

We know that JWs often do not deal with underlying issues that may be simmering. After all, they are supposed to be "so happy" as "Jehovah's people"

So issues that could be resolved with the help of professionals are often masked by JW life.

So tragic.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 I saw a therapist for SIX YEARS when dealing with some self destructive behavior that started after some trauma I suffered at the hands of some elders as a 17 year old. NEVER ONCE did I EVER tell my therapist that I was a Jehovah's Witness. I was too concerned about protecting the cult! What if she thought bad of Jehovah's Witnesses after hearing all the grotesque thoughts and actions I was carrying out?! Why, that would prevent her from one day becoming a Witness!

That therapist was unable to help me. Fortunately, I managed to turn that ship around a few years later before resorting to the shipwreck of suicide - an option I was dangerously close to resorting to at that time. I'm so saddened that this brother didn't have the outlet of saying what was really wrong. Secrets tend to bury us further than the physical grave :(.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jo-Ho Secrets tend to bury us further than the physical grave :frowning:.

Oh this needs to be written in the sky for all to see. I know from my own experience, and thatbof others, how very true this is.

Another child lost

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So much for the 'happiest people on earth™'. what a shame for the loss. what a sham watchtower corporation proves to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit