Debate

by gabcol 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gabcol
    gabcol
    Back in the day, Russell and Rutherford would hold debates with other religious leaders. Why has Jehovah's Witnesses stopped doing that? I think it would be very interesting to see how they would hold up on a debate now.
  • Biahi
    Biahi

Haha, Tony Morris vs Billy Graham, hmm...(I know, Billy G passed away)

• waton
    waton

I believe they have been trounced, more than once when they are up against scholars, before an audience not primed with wt indoctrination. Try The Alpa and Omega.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

The simple answer in a nut shell is that after 150 years of false prophesies all the bad information that they gave that changed over the years, all the new light that became old light that became new light again, they would look like total idiots!

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Because some apostate would show up and clean their clocks!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 [ pauses for breath]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

JWs don't debate their teachings, ever! When I was a teenager a girl a knew from school came to our book study group one evening. Half way through she put her hand up and said could she ask a question. No, she couldn't. The elder said she could talk to him afterwards. No one is allowed to question JW teachings now! Too many failed prophecies.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well, sorry to disappoint you guys,but I remember back in the 1960`s in Melbourne Australia there was a channel 7 I`m pretty sure , TV program which I think aired on a friday night where different topics were discussed , and one had to do with religion and a Jehovah`s Witness and a Catholic priest I think debated their beliefs before a live audience.

I was newly converted at the time and I thought the JW brother ran rings around the priest.

The JW who was probably a PO at the time was named Kinnimouth ,not the correct spelling but it had that ring to it.

I would be interested to know if any aussies here could remember that ,and if you belong to other ex JW sites that have aussies on them check and see if anyone can recollect that program .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    They wouldn't even debate with the prophet Daniel. They'd just ask him who the heck he thought he was.
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Smiddy - be interesting to know what happened to Brother Kinnimouth.

There were some with excellent Bible knowledge. Its as if you come in thinking all is well, then slowly realise you have been brought in to have a gag put on you. Once you realise that and the pressure starts to come, you either shut up or get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit