Org's "rearranginging deck chairs on the titanic" serving 2 purposes

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

In 2 weeks we will be announcing major changes in northern Ohio congregations and there is quite the buzz in the area about it. Just talked to a jdub from the Detroit area that just underwent similar changes, and they mentioned it has been "quite exciting" to get to meet new brothers and sisters. So besides the cash benefit of selling a couple kingdom halls in the process. This will keep the rank and file interested and engaged the next couple years so they don't have time to think why the end hasn't come yet and change up their otherwise boring routine and seeing the same old faces year after year.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"It's not a bug. . . it's and undocumented feature!"

This is the kind of "reasoning" the WT is flooding adherents with right now.

No, the KH sell off isn't simply the result of: poor financial decisions at headquarters; publishers who are piss poor because higher education is discouraged; people in first-world countries are able to Google JWs and the whole thing is slowly collapsing financially.

No, that's not what's happening at all. Consolidating congregations and selling off halls is jehovah's latest new "feature"/"blessing."

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Jehovah is blessing the marvelous decrease! Yes brothers it is clear that Jehovah's directing our wonderful contraction!"

Antony Morris III

just saying!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Jehovahs’s organization is moving forward.

G.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

They'll keep doing things like this until all of the older ones are dead. Then they will totally reinvent themselves. They have already begun that. But we know the outcome of the titanic.

• LV101
    LV101

"quite exciting" is their response for real!! They should be livid and demanding explanations from the secret, horrifying, cult!

I feel bad for the JWs in denial - ones not in denial are probably coping/plodding along as best as possible. Would be interesting time to be PIMO.

• LV101
    LV101

BYCNL - I hope the outcome is like the Titanic but WT might be the true, unsinkable, Titanic.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I would love to see the org die a slow miserable death. I have a lot of popcorn.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWs have the memory of a goldfish. When my old KH had to merge, the Dubs were so exited for new service groups!

That lasted for about 3 months.😏

When you choose to remain ignorant, you deserve whatever you get.

Also, I agree that the BORG are intentionally pacing their rebranding. The GB and their “Helpers” ( future GB ) can’t wait for the old ones to die off.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

When you have been born and raised in an end-times religious group and the end hasn't come and attendances are down on previous years, any change has got to generate "excitement" - if that's the right word. Let's face it: This so-called "streamlining" would never have happened in the 1970s through 1990s because the growth was so palpable. Kingdom Halls were literally overflowing.

I can remember in our local hall in the 1980s, there was a chronic shortage of seating in our Hall - it eventually became two congregations. It was so obvious that the change was directly related to growth.

This latest streamlining is related to anything but growth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit