Poll suggests world hostile to US

by Simon 203 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

Stinky, I don't think black people suck.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

How do you think the USA can best restore the loss of confidence American foreign policy has generated?

Well, I think one way might be for the US/maybe the UN as well, to sponsor a superpower mentorship program. That way, countries who want to themselves become superpowers can be shown the groomed and learn from the US how it’s done.

That way, it doesn’t look like the US is hogging the limelight. Give some of the OTHER countries a chance to be a superpower, and it would make the US less threatening to everyone. Equal opportunity.

Of course, the countries who apply for the Learn-how-to-be-a-Superpower program should have to go through some sort of background screening. I mean, North Korea would meet some of the qualifications, i.e., having nuclear weapons and being REALLY SCARY, but, I’m thinking we should take a look at a few other datapoints…

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Mr Kim,

What is really funny is the fact that all of the commentator's (including myself) used to be unabashed pacifists!

Suppose a little like 'feeling our oats', making up for lost time, that allows us the luxury of being such dogmatic pricks about something that was totaly off limits for so long.

Danny

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL@Blacksheep!

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I had been told that Simon was being anti-US, and I wasn't interested in reading about it
    The problem is not this one freakin' poll, it's the continuous threads about the same sh*t.

So in your opinion does being against the war makes you anti american now?

Simon has been posting some topics about the war. He is entitled to an opinion on one most important events in the world in recent times.

He also posted this thread about a TV program so now he is anti american ????

• Jayson
    Jayson

How do you think the USA can best restore the loss of confidence American foreign policy has generated?

Answer,

Good Fences make good neighbors.

America needs to lead not follow.

News flash- Western Europe is not the world, sorry to burst the bubble. There are are tasty markets far outside the boarders of Germany and France. The UK as well but, they have a habit of pulling their head out of their arse at the last second. The citizens and their leaders are stupid but until Ruby's post I didn't think they were suicidal. At the moment of drowning in the st*t they create they cry for a rope to save them. Usually it's the yanks who pull their sorry butts from the brink of disaster. This time the Average American would step on a Euro's hand I think.

I think that W. Europe will be getting the middle finger from the US for a long, long time. We are not interested in "restoring" the love from Europe any more than most of us "feel" a need to "restore" the love of the WT. Both can go strait to hell as far as I am concerned.

Happy Day

• Jayson
    Jayson
    So in your opinion does being against the war makes you anti american now?

Simon has been posting some topics about the war. He is entitled to an opinion on one most important events in the world in recent times.

He also posted this thread about a TV program so now he is anti american ????

No Simon is not anti-American for being against the war or for hating GW Bush. He is not even anti American for hating me. But he is bias to accuse me of being a Fox news groupie without looking at the information that is presented him. He is a propagandist to not admit that he is wrong about the Museum looting. He is bias to keep pimping the BBC without fail when the bias and lies are exposed. He commands that people stop posting war flame threads but keeps doing it himself because he is angry and wants to flame his bigotry towards Americans. He is two faced to say he is not bias when he singles out myself and one other person for overposting when my posting articles is a direct counter to Mark who fancies his opinion and agenda. Rather than address the issues or sources counter to his he attacks me on an emotional level. He has offered squat in other ways of addressing CWP's accept total apathy. He says I twist his word but all I do is point out his bias to him. Which I will continue to do in kind minus posting articles on the board because the first time he started attacking me I told him that this is his board and I will respect him in the sense that with one word I will drop something that goes to far. I never thought he would abuse the respect factor. He is bias, promotes bigotry, and is being a horses butt on the board. Do I still like him? Yes, he created the board how can I not? But, I look forward to when his strife and propaganda campaign end. 2008 is a long ways away.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I posted a recent story (sorry Simon) that the EU and UN are adopting the Bush Doctrine on Nations with WMDs and dealing with Terrorists.... Now the EU & UN is waking up to reality. Again, the US is taking the lead.....

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"America needs to lead not follow."

Agreed. But, that's where some nations have a problem with Americans. They are not used to action. They like inaction. They like maintaining the status quo, preserving whatever delicate cultural balance, or edge, they think they have. In some euro countries, the nail that sticks up getts hammered down. Institutionalize mediocrity. Class systems. Inaction... Very ingrained into the system.

That's why so many immigrated to America.

There is a fundamental CULTURAL difference people perceive in America, which is in part why they love to hate us.

• Simon
    Simon
    Ask some Americans (who've never been to your country) what they think of England and they might say that they think it's cold and rainy ALL THE TIME, and that ALL Brits have bad teeth and drink too much. I don't imagine that you would get upset about such an opinion poll, would you? That's my only point. That some of my fellow Americans got so bent out of shape about your post is a bit hard for me to understand.

No, I wouldn't get bent out of shape over it as I've demonstrated several times (in fact, look at the other topic). To do so would be DUMB and make me look like AN IDIOT !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit