JWs on campus

by Sarabethy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Dean would probably prefer that they are not there more than even you do. It is, as mentioned, Freedom of Speech. It's a public setting. The College can restrict/assign them to a specific location.

If you really want to "stir the shit" engage them in conversation about objectionable issues but have your "ammunition" at your side.

What is the JW opinion of the UN? Do they support their stand for World Peace? Then why were they an NGO member? (Have letter from UN readily available.) Doesn't that make your religion a "hypcrite"? Quote Jesus' words about hypocrites.

It is true JWs shield child abusers? Is it true they are using MILLION$ of the dollars collected for the WWW to settle child abuse claims? (Have news articles ready on Conti and Lopez cases &/or records from ARC testimony.)

Aren't you always Bible Thumping about the End of the World being imminent? But haven't you been saying that for over 100 years? (Have WT publication quotes readily availalble about 1914, 1925, 1975, "end of 20th Century") Doesn't that make you False Prophets? (When they say no) THen you must admit you are LIARS, even if NOT false prophets. Doesn't you religion claim to be equal to the Prophet Ezekiel predicting the final days of Jerusalem? (04/01/1972 WT pg 197) So, then doesn't Deut 18:20-22 apply (False Prophets).

Try to have any friends you have on campus join you and listen/observe. Explain to them your motive. Make it uncomfortable for the JWs. You might be able to "plant some seeds".

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DoC - "...It is, as mentioned, Freedom of Speech..."

Another fundamental irony...

...using Freedom of Speech to promote an organization that - internally - suppresses Freedom of Speech.

• Sarabethy
    Sarabethy

All good points. Thank you everyone for your input. I'm meeting with the Dean in half an hour and have a psychology paper I wrote last semester on how JWs stunt development in children, and I also have the JW Facts page on JWs and higher education. Free speech is a tough thing to question, but yes, it is ironic that JWs fight to uphold the First Amendment when it comes to proselytizing, yet free speech is hindered in the organization.

I'll let you know how the meeting goes.

And yes, bears have been seen on campus. They are everywhere in Juneau. (The black ones aren't so scary though).

• gone for good
    gone for good

Sarabethy -

You made my day and are now my hero

My humble blessings are upon you for doing the right, brave and proper thing in support of your righteous indignation.

Righteous indignation is typically a reactive emotion of anger over mistreatment, insult, or malice of another. It is akin to what is called the sense of injustice. In some Christian doctrines, righteous anger is considered the only form of anger which is not sinful..(Wiki)

Mistreatment, insult and malice are the stock in trade WT/JW treatment of any who no longer respond to their propaganda of fear, obligation, guilt and . We are legion and with you 100%!

Also congratulations for making it to university, and claiming this place of education, reason, and research as ..."..what I consider my territory." Shocking indeed seeing a familiar, abusive cult hawking their bronze age beliefs on campus.

Perhaps before your meeting with the dean, you could collaborate with students from journalism and sociology etc. etc. to record another encounter which would document the basis ignorance, lying and deception of WT claims to benefit others through charity.

Take your time,prepare well and perhaps your uni can set some precedent for vetting the conduct of religious abusers who expect a free hunt on campus rather than outside on the sidewalk where they belong.

Please continue to share with all us here.

Ajax

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sarabethy: I don't know why my body takes over like this, because I'm the kind of person who's not afraid to talk to anyone.

It's an indoctrinated phobia.

Here are some links to resources that might help you understand this psychological phenomenon with the goal of reducing and eventually eliminating it entirely:

I hope this helps!

jp

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Invite your friends and classmates to the area for your own regular dissemination’s about the dangers of involvement with the JWs. Right next to the silent JWs. If you have a free speech area on campus all the better. They have nowhere else to go.

• alanv
    alanv

I would do exactly as others have done when confronting the Jdubs with their cars. Just choose two or three topics where you can show clearly where the JWs are wrong. Also film the discussion. They really hate that, and in most cases they will leave, and if they come back another day do the same again if you are free.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

@jp1692 It's an indoctrinated phobia.-Thank you for the links, I think many of us have felt this way at one point or another.

@sarabethy- I think its great what you are doing for your community.!

• jp1692
    jp1692

CAA, you're welcome!

This is hard-won knowledge. Glad to share it.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Please do update us!

And I agree put them on camera and co front them with (apostate) truths, they will soon run for the hills!

And educate your fellow students about them too in case the jws try to target the uni in other ways

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit