2018-04-05-BOE- Adjustment to May's Local Needs item!

by Atlantis 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jp1692
    jp1692

Adjustment to May’s Local Needs Item

Dear Brothers: We are writing regarding a video that is to be shown during the local needs item scheduled for the week of May 7, 2018. ... You will need to reduce the item 'Prepare Your Children to Follow Christ' by two minutes."

Because clearly Kingdom Halls are more important that children!

Does anyone else find it more than a little weird that a meeting part designed to be devoted to children is referred to as an "item"?

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

If I get the video I will post it here because of all the leaks we are receiving. I have already cluttered up the board enough, and there are others who have important topics to post.

Atlantis!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just when you think they have exhausted every option to fleece the sheep they come up with more ideas.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

This sounds like the video that was just shown at the CLAM this past week in the US to replace the April local needs talk.

In that video they showed that there had been 55 overcrowded K Halls with5 or more congregations in the Los Angeles area. This was greatly reduced by combining congregations, which means they eliminated each 4th congregation and sent the orphans to neighboring congregations. The video also said that 20 k holes were built by LDCs in the entire US in 2017.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Dreamerdude:

If you can post that video here please do so! Sounds like the right one!

Atlantis!

• jp1692
    jp1692
    DD: In that video they showed that there had been 55 overcrowded K Halls with 5 or more congregations in the Los Angeles area. This was greatly reduced by combining congregations,

Can you explain how overcrowding can be reduced by “combining congregations”?

That makes absolutely no sense at all?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Can you explain how overcrowding can be reduced by “combining congregations”?

This is a job for: David H Splane He did a wonderful job explaining the multi over lapping generation thingamajigger I'm sure he could come up with a few hundred delusional verses on why this is profoundly true.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Atlantis, I wish I could get the video, but I don't have access to the source and I lack the skills. I just watched it at the meeting.

Jp, the wt definition of an overcrowded auditorium is one that has 5,6 or more congregations assigned to it. So if a hall has four Spanish congregations and an English congregation, the four Spanish can be combined into three larger congregations, leaving only four congregations total, and then that hall is no longer considered overcrowded. But the effect is that seating is more crowded with larger congregations. The same number of people, maybe more, still use the kh.

• careful
    careful

Overlapping congregations? Kingdom Hall fragments? Oh, the suspense!

Perhaps by "overcrowded KHs" they mean too many congregations in one hall, not that each cong. is crowded with publishers. Remember, they rearrange the English language in their own way...

Thanks, Atlantis.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Dreamerdude, one of those 20 K holes was in Pierre, SD. They tore down the old to build a smaller one.

http://www.capjournal.com/news/pierre-jehovah-s-witnesses-put-up-smaller-kingdom-hall-to/article_e05d9c36-d8b9-11e7-acb3-9f63fb65c896.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit