The watchtower does not have the resources

by pepperheart 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

sparrow

Yep, they're just on a Christmas break

I get the impression sometimes that the WTS is trying to distance itself from its past activity as a "corrupt" religious publishing house, hoping as well that people would forget about its past doctrines.

• pontoon
    pontoon

They are certainly making it easier to be a witness --- less meetings, shorter conventions, less bullshit to read, lowering service time requirements. They do what is needed to keep people coming. If they really believed the end was near don't you think the opposite would be happening??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Part of the move out of Brooklyn I'm sure is the WTS trying to evolve into something of a different religious institution.

I even predicted that they would drop The Watchtower namesake as well.

Make no mistake about it, the WTS leaders today are focusing on how to sustain the organization for the long run.

Will they be successful in their endeavor ? time will only tell.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

No broadcast for you instead we would like to wish you a ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A thousand (or more) videos in total. Not just monthly broadcast.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on your topic history, you seem to be obsessed with the idea that the WTS is days away from complete financial ruin and utter collapse.

That is certainly not the case, and deciding to do something different for their December broadcast does not indicate that financial ruin is imminent.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im pretty sure slim is now counting the orgs time left in minutes not days

• LV101
    LV101

I don't think slim is solo in his prognostications -- I love his thoughts (and others) but gave up hope.

Fiction can be fun!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS demise if just wishful thinking right now, its not going away anytime soon, well see where its at 10 years from now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes there are lots of good things about JWs, if they could just get rid of the bad. It will take some major event to provoke them to change however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit