by Gadget 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

You have my great sympathy, Jourles.

Thanks for the tidbits.

AlanF

• foreword
    foreword

Those assemblies would drain the hell out of me. I remember thinking that maybe something was wrong with me for not enjoying the feast.

I have a hard time taking the 2 hour meetings (not that I go anymore) but a whole weekend. He that will endure to the end must make reference to those assemblies.

Hockey is much more interesting hein Jourles....too bad the Avs didn't make it too far this year.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I quite miss the feeling I got when we used to arrive at the summer conventions.

Always struck a chord.

Never go back though.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    10 years old getting baptized tomorrow

I wonder what the age is of the youngest person to be disfellowshipped?

The youngest person I personally know was defpd at 15 years old. She got pregnant.

She was baptized at 12 or 13, don't remember.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I was driving to my Dr's appointment yesterday morning and there outside a housing complex was a woman standing on the curb, bag at her feet, assembly badge pinned proudly to her lapel, getting a head start on her "spiritual food" for the day while waiting for her ride.

I just started shaking my head and called my husband to tell him what I had seen. I know it is no big deal really, just sad to me that she was on her way to waste such a beautiful day sitting at the Q instead of doing something productive.

Today is yet another beautiful sunny day here in San Diego, and I will be spending at least part of it swimming and lounging by the pool, enjoying time with my son, ever thankful that I no longer waste my time at assemblies, meetings, or in service.

To all of you who could not escape attending and are being forced to waste such a beautiful day, I will be thinking of you while I lounge in the pool!

• Huxley
    Huxley

This is my first year of not going to the District Convention..

In reading the posts about what is being discussed at the sessions, I am so amazed!

Their message is such a weird mixture of "we are the chosen few", and "do more do more."

This always left me with such a blend of guilt for not doing more, and false pride for being part of the few on earth who have the "truth".

I do not miss it!

Huxley

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay, here are the only things I miss from the District Convention:

Sun

Girls

Eating out afterward

Looking my best

That's it, folks. I honestly cannot think of anything else that I could possibly miss from those torturous three days. I guess I can get all of the above things just by going to a baseball game, though.

Bradley

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    Girls

Eating out afterward

That could be taken more than one way, Logan.

Mike.

• Wactlars
    Wactlars

Could someone please tell me which specific talk on what day of the DC contained the crackdown on disfellowshipped/disaasociated ones? It would really help to know, so three days of audio tapes wouldn't have to be slogged through. My parents have the tapes from one of the sisters as they're unable to attend, but they really want to hear that specific talk, as it seems the Society's stance has gotten even more strict. My husband and I are disassociated, and my parents will definitely be affected by this, a time of decision is coming for them I think/pray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit