Notes from the Convention

by Gadget 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    They are a simple repetition of the last 50 years....And how grateful we can be that Jehovah has chosen US as his people!

That reminded me of what Dave always used to say after a convention, "The whole thing is 'we're neat, we're neat, we're neat. We have what no one else has' " etc. etc.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

well done Gadget, I hope you will post daily (if you are going?)

Simon, better get more hard drives, servers etc, could start getting some big hits.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    "Pay more than the usual attention." They said if taking notes helped you to pay attention, take brief ones but it is not necesary because you can remember the principles. I always remember being told from the platform to take copius notes in order to review them at a later time. Is this to stop people looking at them later and realising how little sense it makes?

no, this is to stop people from gathering too much information that can later be used against the WTS once "new light" comes out (the District Assemblies circa 1975 come to mind)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks for the update. As for eating and drinking and all that 'doing all things in Gods glory', I had a lady friend who called making love, 'getting close to God'. And she was so right! I thank Him all the time! Maverick

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am so happy that I am not going again this year. It has been 7 years since I set foot into an assembly, and it still feels like yesterday.

Funny thing is, doesn't sound like I missed anything!!

• basics-for-me
    basics-for-me

Freedom96,

Ditto

Bay64me

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So if extensive and accurate note-taking is being discouraged, how would they feel aboout tape-recording the talks? You know, so you can be sure to absord all the "spiritual nutrition" in them?

• Jourles
    Jourles

I didn't get much out of the program except for a few items....

1. When discussing internet usage, the speaker asked for a show of hands if you felt that "you spend TOO MUCH time on the internet." **No hands were raised that I could see**

2. "Apostates" got a few honorable mentions throughout the day. Nice to see that they are still thinking about us.

3. Young children are still getting baptized at a very early age. There was a young girl in a part who was 10 years old and is getting baptized tomorrow.

4. Last, but certainly not least, was probably the highlight for the entire day if not the coming weekend ---- The CO gave the last talk(the talk for the new brochure) and he was discussing several scriptures in Deuteronomy, SEVERAL. The funny thing was, EVERY SINGLE TIME he said the scripture, he pronounced it "DeuteroMoNy." Someone out there had to record him saying that. Shouldn't be too long to hear it on the internet. And remember, this was from the CO! Folks around us were laughing at a good rate by the time he did it for the 4th or 5th time.

Pray for me as I have two more days of torture to face. If you're not the praying type, light a candle for those of us who have to attend.

• avengers
    avengers

What the heck are you doing at a convention? I can think of thousands of better things to do than to be nauseated all the time.

Barf. But it's nice to know what goes on at a convention. I'll light a gascan instead of a candle.

• shamus
    shamus

A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL GETTING BAPTISED?????????????????????????

Sicko's. They are sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit