Need to vent... advice is welcome

by SlayerLayer 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi. My husband had the exact same thing happen to him. 13 taken out of school to home-school. Yeah right! His pioneer mom was out knocking doors - too busy to educate her son. Now he's 28 and has to work as a painter. Not that big a deal. Where else can you make 50K and only work 10 mos. out of the year. But he HATES it. Why don't you go get your GED? I keep telling my husband that but he is afraid.

Don't be afraid! Just do it. You can get another great job in your same line of work and you wont have to lie. It'll take a few months. No big deal. I think you should get your GED.

Good luck!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

His name is the same as yours too. Forgot to mention.

• tergiversator
    tergiversator
    I felt cheated though of any formal educational training. So this year thanks to the others I have seen on this boards fine example. I will be returning to school. I am 26 year old and have 2 children, and they are so proud of me. We actually went to the school this weekend for a dance recital and I told them that is where I was going and you could see the pride in their eyes.

Mommy, congrats on going back to school! I bet your kids are proud of you; I know I'm proud of my mom, who's 45 and finishing up her associates in a few months. Good for you.

-T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit