Need to vent... advice is welcome

by SlayerLayer 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Oh Lisa ROFLMAO!
    That is the funniest thing I have heard in while I miss your humour girl. Hope all is going well with the baby and the family and the headaches and the blood pressue and....life

Thanks Slayer,
    I had a great day I hope those websites help. Let us know how it goes ok? You may be an inspiration to others.
    wendy

• JT
    JT

slay

go back to school my man and you can do it

i'm 38-- went to bethel,,gave up college to make BOOKS

now my wife who gave up college to "PIONEER" is back in school with me

we are working fulltime and going to school

it is catch up time

james

• BugEye
    BugEye

Hey there BuffyRooter

I wouldnt be overly concerned, your still young yet. I never started my university
    degree until I was 32 YO and my mother didnt start till 58

Even so, I feel that education is still overrated and that the world economy is
    slowly moving towards small businesses and that many people nowadays are
    starting their own business and making good even with little education.

Just a thought

Dave

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

LOL

Did the fact that you were functioning as General Manager of a Multiplex, with no academic background in Business Administration, perhaps have anything to do with the Multiplex closing? (he he, I'm just joking)

Funny girl

I got a job today as the asst. manager of another theater making the same as I was making as the GM at the other place. It all worked out for the best.

Many thanks to all of you for your support!
    Chris

P.S. BugEye, you are cracking me up with those variations on my nick!
    GellerFeller

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• LDH
    LDH

OMG Slayer, let me be the first to say 'congrats man on your new job!'

I'm glad you didn't get offended at my twisted humor. I saw a comedienne (Wendy Leiberman), and she talked about her job as secretary. She said she practically RAN the company. Right into the ground.

he he.

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Been there. Done that. Get that GED and go get some more schooling. (Even a class a semester.) Even if it takes ten years, you'll eventually get that degree and then the $$$ will start rolling in.
    I'm 40 and am just finishing my 2 year A.S. degree. Hey, it's better than being 40 w/o a degree. I'm looking forward to "rewarding" job opportunities. Good luck! We're all pulling for you.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello SlayerLayer,

I’m sad to hear about you and I hope that yo’ll find something suitable soon.

Read how different it was for somebody else:

…when W.Glen How wanted to pioneer , Jack Nathan a brother in Canada,

“encouraged me to complete my legal training. So I did, and I graduated in May
    1943, after which I started pioneering. In August I was invited to serve at the
    Watch Tower Society’s branch office in Toronto and assist with the legal problems
    That Jehovah’s Witnesses were facing. The following month I was admitted to the
    Bar in Ontario Canada.”

(from awake! April 22, 2000 page. 19)

Agape J.C. MacHislopp

• Prisca
    Prisca

Whoo hoo!

Congrats on your new job!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Slayer dude! First, I just have to tell you that I love your signature...I laughed my a$$ off the first time I read it. Secondly, let me congratulate you on your new job. Funny how things work themselves out, isn't it?
    Can you stand to hear one more "higher education" story? I'm 35 years old, a divorced mom with two young children, who dropped out of high school after 10th grade. I got my GED years ago but had given up hope of ever going to college. Well, guess what? A week ago last Friday, I graduated with honors from the local community college and received my AA degree. And I've been accepted to the university in Tampa, Florida for the fall semester. You know, sometimes I think about how old I'll be when I finally get my masters degree...but then I think, with any luck, I'm going to be that old anyway, may as well have a degree to go along with my advanced years! My point, and I know it's been made over and over already, is that it can be done. Our lives of servitude and wasted sacrifice to the borg do not have to dog us forever...
    There's a song I love by Edwin McCain about a guy who lost his youth due to a cruel mother (she had him locked up). Anyway, in the song he says: "I'm gonna grab this world by the horns, and learn how to live"...That's how I feel. I lost my youth to a sick, dysfunctional family and religion...I refuse to give them any more of my life. Grab the world by the horns, man...you can be whatever you want to be...
    Hugs,
    Safe

<"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.">

• jurs
    jurs

Congradulations!!! I'm happy for you! JURS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit