All hell has broke loose

by Yesterdays Child 52 Replies latest jw friends

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

LOL, we have a 15/16 year old who would love the go ahead. I just don't want to condon it but I also remember being 15. I guess thats why.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

• nilfun
    nilfun

I agree with the comments about not letting your child go into a JC alone. My ("worldly") Dad attended the JC of one of his legaly adult children.

I still get a wonderful sense of satisfaction that his presence stymied the elders efforts to rip the accused to shreds. Those elders were put in their place...and GOOD!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I too agree with everyone as far as not allowing him to go into a JC alone. He is not baptized, therefore they have no power over him.

I too had to go into a JC many years ago, and it is a completely horrifying experience (I was 23 years old at the time) To be before 3 men, telling them, yes we used condoms, no it wasn't plan, how many times a week, yadda yadda yadda, it was the most humiliating experience I have had.

Now that I look back at it, all three of them probably went home, went to the bathroom to have a little private time, if you know what I mean, at my expense. PERVERTS.

Your son deserves better treatment than that.

love

cj

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Then they ask who bought the condoms, because that proves who is the instigator (and lets the elders daughter off the hook).

I'm sorry, but unless she was kidnapped and her knees tied to her elbows, just exactly how does this get her off the hook? If he brought condoms, he was doing exactly what they would expect an unbaptised "worldly" to do. It should've been her, being the "pioneer elder daughter" and all who should be held to that bull____ atrificially high standard.

Safe sex comment was right on. Good job.

In this age of unwanted pregnancies and aids, I wholeheartedly agree.

I would not let him meet with the elders at all, he is not baptized and there is no obligation for him to take their crap.
    Agreed. And if the wife steps in and tries to make him, use their own rules against them to protect your son. Pull out the headship card and if the elders feel the need to ask him any questions, tell them to take a flying leap!
  • pandora
    pandora

My neice, who just graduated high school last week, will be getting married in November, because she is horny.

I know I am young, but I would rather MY child experience a little more of life before she goes and dedicates her LIFE to some guy she is in lust with.

When you are horney, nothing else matters. You don't see clearly! It is no time to be making life changing decisions. They have no idea what they are getting into. When they find out,,,, well, that is some pretty expensive sex. How much does a divorce cost? Or, neither will be happy, and because neither has cheated, they just live in a crappy marrage, in a crappy religion.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not too happy about this empending marrage.

-P(J)

• sandy
    sandy

I do not agree with teenage sex either but I would have got a kick out of that situation too.

Pandora said:

My neice, who just graduated high school last week, will be getting married in November, because she is horny. I know I am young, but I would rather MY child experience a little more of life before she goes and dedicates her LIFE to some guy she is in lust with.

I agree completely!!! I loved my teenage bofriend very much at 17; if I had the gutz to defy the congregation and my family I would have married him. Thank God I couldn't do it!!! I look back on that relationship now and think........That was a really sweet relationship but I do not have any regrets.

I have changed so much since my teenage years. I am so glad I didn't marry young. Even if it didn't end in divorce I know we would have had problems. Problems that you shouldn't have to go through at all, especially at such a young age.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "Way to go boy"

Yay!

Brummie

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

My JW step-daughter got married when she was 17 and horny. Her Mom signed the authorization because she felt it was soooooo important for her daughter to be a good little JW virgin when she got married. Now she is 21 and miserable. She even confided to me (her wicked worldly stepmother) that she wishes her husband would cheat on her so she could get out of it. So sad. She was also a straight-A student, but of course she didn't continue her education. She now regrets that, too. But in spite of it all, she is still a Zealous Witness For Jehovah.

• teejay
    teejay
    I say to my son "Did you practice safe sex and he said yes... YC

Way to go on that part of your story. Seems to be the natural first question. But I'm having serious reservations about...

As I was being told this I was thinking to myself "Way to go boy" LOL

I have a daughter and it's funny how we look at these kinds of incidents as opposed to fathers who have boys. It's good that he has you to back him up. Poor girl. She's not going to fare as well.

• Francois
    Francois

Frankly, if it were in my power (that is if the circumstances allowed) I would not allow my son to be called before any damned JW kangaroo court and have the elders pawing through the most intimate and private transaction in human life. They could kiss my ass. The boy isn't baptised, and after the treatment he's likely to get as a result of this, he may loose all interest in the JWs - it is to be fervently hoped for at least.

If he wants to go, absolutely go with him; please don't allow him to go by himself and leave him to the tender mercies of those modern-day Pharisees. In some congregations, both the boy and girl are met with together to tell their tail, er, tale. I would not allow it under any circumstances. And you don't have to give them any reasons, either. All you have to do is tell them that you don't believe it's honorable or moral to do such a thing. If they come up with some example in the bible, you can always say "just because they did it that way in the Bronze Age doesn't mean we should do it that way today."

It will be interesting to see how the girl's father reacts. Since he's an elder, you should expect exemplary christian behavior characterized by love and compassion and understanding, right? Let's see if that's what happens.

I think I can tell that you're going to stand up for your son and not be pushed aside by any committee of idiots. He will be sooooooo grateful to you for standing with him.

I feel sorry for the girl. She's really going to get screwed, er, she's really going to get the shaft, um, she's really had it, oh wow, erm, well, I just feel sorry for her. I'm really not making light of a bad situation, only attempting to relieve some of the stress with a smile.

When is the first judicial committee meeting going to take place?

Perhaps you should purchase a copy of Margaret Mead's Coming of Age in Samoa and give it to the girl's dad. He'd love it NOT. But frankly, puberty (designed and built by God, btw) happens around 12 or 13, the hormones are raging around your bloodstream at near the speed of light, the girls can hardly sit still, the boys are so hard a cat couldn't scratch it and they're supposed to put up with that kind of instinctual raging for HOW MANY years without sex AND masturbation will make you go blind and is against Jehovah's eternal plan (I asked if I could do it until I needed glasses). Teen sex is the norm. Only in wacko religions is it wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit