All hell has broke loose

by Yesterdays Child 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

When I got home from work last night my son was there and I was suprise to see him because it was meeting night and everyone else was gone. Then his mother comes in hmmmmmm "Did your son tell you what he has done? " nope Well he has been having sex with his girlfriend the baptized pioneer elders daughter yikes My son (not baptized) and her were girlfriend and boyfriend untill her daddy stop them from seeing each other. They both graduated from high school this year and I thought that he stop seeing her wrong. My wifelooks like she wants to cry so I say to my son "Did you practice safe sex and he said yes and my wife went off on me. Well it seems the girl told you know the story and my son was giving my wife the heads up before she got the news at the hall.I'm sure i've not heard the last of this. Can't wait till mom in law hears this I guess she want be speaking to her grandson anymore. As I was being told this I was thinking to myself "Way to go boy" LOL

• metatron
    metatron

In one Witness household after another, like an epidemic, your domestic drama is being repeated.

'Truth' vs Hormones ? No contest.

metatron

• Mulan
    Mulan

One more situation of something very private that becomes public knowledge and scars a young person's psyche. At least he has you to help him know this is so natural.

I'm not a proponent of teenaged sex, but if I was raising a teenager now, I would sure react to this in a far different way than a JW parent does. Safe sex comment was right on. Good job.

• SYN
    SYN

Well, you have a good attitude towards your son's activities, that's for sure!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Speaking from experience, I don't know how much you can shelter him but not only will your wife blast him but the elders in the congregation will really ride him hard.You might want to encourage him to stand up for himself and if he doesn't want to explain himself to the elders then he shouldn't. There will be alot of talking behind his back and a general mistreatment of him by others because of it. He is going to need your help....and love.

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Yeah--nothing like having a bunch of strangers up in your private, personal business. I'm glad your son is 'no fool' and knows enough to use protection. I'm sure it has something to do with YOU being his father...

I know this happened with kids lots of times when I was growing up. It was conveniently covered up by the parents though, when they found out about it.

Q.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    "Did you practice safe sex and he said yes

Good for him! Good for you for reacting this way!

As I was being told this I was thinking to myself "Way to go boy" LOL

I was thinking the same thing. Poor girl...I feel sorry for her too. At least your son has you.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    In one Witness household after another, like an epidemic, your domestic drama is being repeated.

'Truth' vs Hormones ? No contest.

HA! Excellent. At least the guy is acting normal. First step to getting out of the cult. Hopefully he can leave and start enjoying himself.

ash

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Glad your son has you, as far as that comment re: safe sex, I'm sure your wife could have killed ya.

LOL at your wife's reaction. I'm sure she was just mortified, and the scandal, Oh My.

cj

• blackout
    blackout

Of course they will hold the 'safe sex' part against him as that proves fore thought and not just a loss of control. Then they ask who bought the condoms, because that proves who is the instigator (and lets the elders daughter off the hook).

I went through all this as a teenager, poor guy, stick up for him Dad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit