Do You Try To Get Along With Other Members Of This Board?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Sadly, at times, we lose good posters because we have an acrimonious spirit. I wonder whether we might actually debate or argue, simply for the thrill of trying to outdo the other person(s). In the spirit of Rodney, "Can't we just get along?"......

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

NO! Now SHUT UP!

I USUALLY try to make up and play nice when my arguement with someone gets too hot.

• rocketman
    rocketman

To date, I've not had a serious disagreement with anyone here. I try to get along with everyone to the extent possible.

I don't like arguing or disagreeing. And when I don't even know the person (I know no one here personally) that's added reason not to battle.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've had a couple of issues arise with other posters but we were able to discuss it and work it out

I hate fighting and will usually leave a thread where a flame war breaks out

• Aztec
    Aztec
    "Can't we just get along?"

Ummm...NO!

Arguing is good for your debating skills damn you! LOL!

Have your run out of ideas yet mini?

~Aztec

• KGB
    KGB

Yes I do try to get a long with everyone, but there are sometimes with some people who say things that are completely out of order and I snap back at them and I will not mention their names. We all know who they are and they know who they are. But when it happens I snap back at them but I try to do it with tact and truth. I have met some very nice people here and some of those have helped me in some very trying times. So this place is a good place and besides it can be just through our kindness that we teach those in the JW faith the reality of it all. So in other words it pays for us to be kind and get a long.

It also seems to me that it is the ones that are still in the borg that are having the trouble here getting along with others.....

• avishai
    avishai

No. I don't play well with others. I try not to deliberately hurt peoples feelers, unless they are bigots or dubs, then it becomes a natural consequence.

• hurt
    hurt

It's good to get along. But it's nonsense getting along just for the sake of it; it's nonsese trying to get along. Truth matters, kindness does too, but it's not necessary to be kind with the truth. Now,minimus, why did you start a crappy thread like this one?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Though this has been a place for many of us to discuss thoughts and different viewpoints, for me, I have never felt the need that I must get along. If I am having a problem with getting along with posters here, then I must have some serious issues.

From what I have seen here on this board over the last year, I would say that I certainly enjoy reading the posts, and I look forward to meeting many of those here.

There have been a few posters that I have felt are hostile, but usually that is not directed at me, and I simply choose not to engage in conversation with them. I mean, what is the point?

I usually am able to get along with most people, either here on this board, or in person.

• Jayson
    Jayson

In order to be respected you must be respectable. There is much less of that here now. At least for now. It will pass. imho

It's OK guy. I'm going to start posting my fishing pic's soon. That will make everyone feel better. Here is my latest story. We were hauling them in at Clear lake. It's a little sweet hole in the Mountians above me. My wife and I were the only ones getting actionSo, after catching our limit I went to roostertails to kill time and go for walters (biggins) trapaloids, I know where they hang out and have hooked 4 this year but failed to land themThey fight as if their life depends on it. One I got to shore and he broke the line. I dove on him and lost my glasses pole ect. I had to dive in and swim for about 20 minutes to get all my gear back. (Dedication)

Anyway the water table starts to drop as irrigation takes its toll on the lakes. The "sweethole" is to shallow to do much casting without loosing the setup. So I got brave and waded out hip level through the brush and weeds. Using my spinner I was calling for walter and all of a sudden there was something pushing against the back of my legs. It felt like my little girl trying to push through. Then I realized that I am about 20 feet out in a lake. I freaked, then so did the big fish. I started screaming like a girl and totally freaked out. It was the worst feeling.Walter snuck up on me. My wife was LHAO over it. Trust me it ain't no lie. I'm not gonna freak out in front of my girl just to make up a fish story. She still laughs over it when we talk to friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit