Do You Try To Get Along With Other Members Of This Board?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Yes I do my best to get along with everone here.

Why, is there a problem?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sure I do . since the Borg lost it's hold of my thinking ability, I have become much more tolerant of other people's views . I now enjoy reading stuff about evolution and Bible criticism although I may totally disagree.

We all know that some people can be rude, but "Thats life".

Just as a little salt and pepper sices up a dish, we would be a duller place without some argument

• Englishman
    Englishman
    In the spirit of Rodney, "Can't we just get along?"..

You mean Dave, don't you?

Englishman.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Sadly, at times, we lose good posters because we have an acrimonious spirit.

Yes, and how sad when we lose suchlike ones. We would do well to upbuild our fellow posters in a spirit of mildness and love. For it is written, "By their adherence to the board policies, ye shall know them, and they shall post within their limits."

Thanks, elder Minimus, for yet another timely reminder.

Dedalus

• Hamas
    Hamas

I try to get along with everybody in life, but sometimes there are clashes.

These clashes come mainly from differences of opinion, and seeing as though this is a discussion forum, there are going to be lots of differences in opnion. You wouldn't get anywhere in life if you didn't get on with people simply because they had different views.

If I have a slight difference of opinion with somebody, we sit down, discuss it, and eventually we figure out that I was right ! LOL

• shera
    shera

Yes I want to get along with people,but I don't try.I just do.

Only once did I get in a flame war,I didn't like it and it bothered me....made me feel----> I don't need those feelings because I and we all have our own personal problems and fighting just aggravates other things I'm trying to solve.

Its good to debate but I try to do it in away ,for it won't hurt others.

Take care

Moi

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

No!

I'm a mean b*tch and I hate you all!

(Oh, wait, this wasn't the 'sense of humor thread?? oops )

• minimus
    minimus

Dedalus, are you trying no to get along with me?.....Eman, I was thinking of Rodney King from LA.......Hurt, don't get hurt over this thread.....Oops, I can't say that. Someone might think I'm acting "elderish".

• dedalus
    dedalus

Speaking sanctimoniously in the first person plural is one of the strange things about Witnesses, especially "those taking the lead." Well, you were speaking in the first person plural. I made a joke along those lines. Humor, Minimus. I'm not trying to start a big thing here.

Dedalus

• minimus
    minimus

Neither was I Dedalus. Don't take yourself so seriously, my little publisher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit