Do You Try To Get Along With Other Members Of This Board?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The one thing that makes this board work is that we don't have to all get along. Disagreements are allowed unlike the world we left. Sometimes these disagreements (excuse me for this) are seeds that fall on rocky soil and only produce thorns. But sometimes they fall on fertile soil, that fertile soil being long threads that bring in a lot of different members with different thoughts to add. When that happens, despite the disagreement, everyone gets their say and some of us learn a little something.

Sure we should all try to get along. Just like in any community. But none of us should suppress the desire to disagree. We're not in the Empire anymore. Now it's time to question and for some of us that means questioning everything. For the rest of us that means when a question is raised that you or I don't like or think should be raised maybe just maybe we should sit back and absorb instead of getting into a fight that could lose us some good friends.

Mike.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I try to get along with everyone, but I'm not out to be Miss Popular, so if someone doesn't like me, I'm not going to worry about it. Especially when it's dealing with people I'm never likely to meet. If you don't like me, that's cool. Possibly I don't like you either

I have met many lovely people on this board, some of whom I am proud to count as close friends. So their friendship means more to me than some others. There are some who I'd love to meet, but never will, but I enjoy their friendship on this board nevertheless.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

When you are a paranoid homicidal psychotic sociopath I don't believe it is expected of you to try and get along with others.

cheeses - reaching for his medication.

• minimus
    minimus

Jayson, does the inferiority complex of never being an elder still affect you?

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've always liked the Baha'i quote paraphrased says "Two people that argue about religion are both wrong"!

carmel

• Jayson
    Jayson

Great comeback Min. The answer is no. But witty... "One millon points to Minimus." Maybe an ex elder is no different than an ex member. I'll never know. I was more so wondering if ex elders gravitate towards that illusion of power/guidance again. My type A personality is trying to fix others problems and never saying no. (I have to be superman you know.) I don't do that anymore. But the ideals of still wanting to help others when it is quite possible if not enevitable that is the worst thing I could do are still there. Kind of one step away from being a chief enabler. I think the little things that we do that are pathological is one of the biggest hurdles to "getting along." Facing them and understanding it is one step towards "Personal Freedom." jmo

• Aztec
    Aztec

Believe it or no, I have tried very hard to get along with you Jayson. I like you even if I disagree with you on political subjects. You are a very smart person. Keep challenging me and my perspectives and I'll love ya instead..hehe!

~Aztec

• Jayson
    Jayson

Hey right back at ya Az. I'm sure that we could have dinner anytime without either of us getting a fork in the forehead. I'd treat.

• teejay
    teejay
    Yes, and how sad when we lose suchlike ones. We would do well to upbuild our fellow posters in a spirit of mildness and love. For it is written, "By their adherence to the board policies, ye shall know them, and they shall post within their limits." Thanks, elder Minimus, for yet another timely reminder. -- Dedalus

@ Dedalus!

• minimus
    minimus

teejay, is that the best YOU could come up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit