So who attended the memorial and why?

by atomant 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Went for the sake of family too. It was boring & uneventful. The passing of the memorial emblems + wine was simply awkward & weird. Many first-timers would probably think that JW's are a bunch of crazies. Attendance was down from last year by around 20 people
  • Divergent
    Divergent

BlackWolf:

I can't wait until the day I dont have to do this crap anymore.

Less than 2 years. Hang in there, baby! You're almost there! =)

• Island Man
  • TipsyMangoTea
    TipsyMangoTea

Currently at the Memorial right now because of my family.

My sister and I are sitting here, not at all amused at the huge turnout.

Help.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    I went. Wife is in and we have a toddler so I usually attend every meeting she does.
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I went for my elderly mother. I hate going to the hall I grew up in. But,it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But,the new songs were as bad as I thought they would be.

My mother was wondering how some get their family to go,when she can't get her oldest sons to go. She thinks they should go,even though,they no longer believe in it My mother is open-minded,except when it comes to the cult. She expects everyone to make concessions for her,but she won't return the favor.

So,I went,it felt like such an empty ritual.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I didn't. I had a big block of cheese from Costco they was meant to mate with butter and macaroni. I had critical business to care for, plus, no one invited me!
  • hillfy333
    hillfy333
    No i did not attend, this is the fifth time i have missed in a row. So glad i stood my ground as my still in wife, though inactive, also stayed home for the first time.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I didn't attend, first one missed in 25 years. I felt pulled back and forth all week long, in the end my toddler was sick so it helped me make the decision and she did not go either. I still feel weird about it, not sure why. But logically it was right not to go, a) i don't want to appear on their radar and have them start to reach out to me to try to 'help' me back in, b) I dont want me and my kids to be the subject of gossip, c) I don't want people saying 'see she still thinks it's the truth'. I did read some of the relevant scriptures tho which reminded me the JWs have a weird interpretation with the 2 groups etc!

I'm much more looking forward to a big family birthday I have coming up, my non witness parents have major birthdays each within a month of eachother plus an anniversary, we're having a big party and I'm going to be joining in for the first time in 25 years, along with my kids!! Yes I am happy living a 'normal' life with 'normal' celebrations!

• ozziegal
    ozziegal
    I went because my elderly mother invited me. As a non JW Christian, I partook of the emblems and I think I was the only one! The bread was so crunchy, they all would have heard me munching haha! It was the weirdest thing passing all that bread and wine up and down each row so that everybody had the chance to reject the body and blood of Christ. Very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit