So who attended the memorial and why?

by atomant 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    This should be interesting.
  • truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree
    I wasn't going to attend. But my brother messaged me (who was never baptised) and said he is going just to keep mum and dad happy. I'm disfellowshipped and gay. My parents, thankfully, never rejected me or shunned me, despite my dad being a former elder. We have all gone for meals out and even on holiday together including my boyfriend. So u decided that seeing how great they have been with me, out of respect for my parents, who view this meeting as very important, i decided to go to it. My sister (never baptised) also went to it for the same reason. I was apprehensive as i havent been for 4 years. But alot of witness actually came up to me to say hello and ask how i was doing. Not just elders, but even ordinary witness. Even recieved a few hugs and kisses. Which is bizzare as i was expecting to be totally ignored.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    I went since I'm trying to get reinstated. It was held in a crappy motel with a poorly functioning air conditioner. Combined with 180 people, it was just so fun!
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Took pops.....38 attended. 😅
  • atomant
    atomant
    l didnt go couldnt be bothered.What for.Not out to impress anyone or give false hopes.And l dont feel guilty for not going but use to feel guilty.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Went for the sake of my elderly parents. I hate these wine and cracker sessions more and more
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Kids and I went to keep peace in our house. Small price to pay for our freedom. Wife does some holiday stuff with us so it's all fair.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Went for family. Wife's being a B, even though I went. We weren't invited out to Applebee's to make fun of our only partaker behind her back.

My wife gets mad if I read ahead in the Bible or don't have a glazed look on my face. She's a Watchtard.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

But alot of witness actually came up to me to say hello and ask how i was doing. Not just elders, but even ordinary witness. Even recieved a few hugs and kisses. Which is bizzare as i was expecting to be totally ignored.

Yeah, but I bet your boyfriend wasn't by your side!

On the other hand, if your boyfriend was with you and you introduced him as your boyfriend to the Witnesses and they still hugged and kissed you, I'd be totally blown away by their receptivity.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

Of course since I'm only 16 I went because my parents made me. It was horrible but I endured. At least I got to wear a pretty new dress I guess. 222 people attended, it was so packed in our tiny kingdom hall I felt like I was going to faint. And the other girls were stupid snobs as usual. I can't wait until the day I dont have to do this crap anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit