Rick Fearon - Six Screens of the Watchtower

by dubstepped 38 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So a friend today asked me what his deal is and I honestly don't know. I saw someone post about his accusations that the DOJ is investigating Watchtower and people seemed down on the guy, as well has Johnny the Bethelite or whatever his name is that claims to leak stuff. I don't know Rick Fearon, don't watch his show, but his site just seems a little crazy, and he seems to get into occult conspiracies and the JWs, which never lends credibility.

So for those of you who have been around a while, what's the deal? Does he just put out anything that comes his way? Is he more of a conspiracy guy? Has he just put out absolute garbage and untruths? I don't know much about him, the history he has in the ex-JW community, etc.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Dubstepped...just type the name Fearon into the search bar at the top of JWN/JWD. You will see threads about Rick and so-called Johnny the Bethelite going back at least 8 years.

Rick is fringe ex dub. He does more harm than good, in my opinion. His "program" is crap, content and quality, with nothing useful that cannot be found on this and other EXJW forums first. His KH protests only prove to current JWs that they are being persecuted and apostates are crazy because this one appears to be so.

I cannot figure Rick's motivation. At the least he should update his "studio" and approach.

Snakes

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Here is a Rick Fearon style theory.

Rick has actually been planted and is funded by the Watchtower to give credence to their claims that apostates are liars. His agenda is to make preposterous claims against Watchtower that are demonstrably false so that JWs can point to it and say, “see! Mentally diseased apostates!”

He is the Alex Jones of ExJWs.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've always thought that there is a better than even chance that RF and JTB have been funded by the WTBTS. The only other explanation for their behavior that I can think of is that they are complete nut jobs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Blackie, when I was first leaving, looking for new Apostate friendly Sites, I found his, and was struck by its mad nature, and its cliche like similarity to what we had been told by JW Org. Apostates would be like.

I too was convinced that he was supported and encouraged by the Borg, as he could send those just waking up, screaming back to the arms of JW org.

Rick the P....

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its ridiculous to suggest that rick fearon is a watchtower plant. It gives way too much credit the org for being devious and excuses a fool a for his own foolishness.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Of course he's not a plant he's just a fundy Christian that believes in Satan etc.

I have to say, tho, if I believed in Satan I'd be tempted to think Watchtower Corp is one of Satan's business enterprises, too, like Rick does!!

• Simon
    Simon

The thing to remember is these 'segments' don't exist because people create them, they exist because there is demand.

So, if enough people want to see salacious and sensational stories, someone will produce them.

Just as there are people who'll buy a magazine because it claims they have proof that bigfoot is real, so people will tune in because they want to be told that the WTS is run by lizard aliens or whatever.

He's just filling that niche.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I have been on Apostate sites for roughly 8 years before actually leaving the Organization. When I saw people like Rick Fearon, it scared me away from the world and gave some credibility to the JWs. I mean, if people leaving the JWs are crazy like that, perhaps I should be wiser and keep sitting on the fence.

Thankfully, I other apostates countered that image. Namely, this forum's thirst for truthful verifiable information, the love expressed by Mike and Kim, the fact driven comments of Cedars and above all: Ray Friend's books.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    the girl next door - "Here is a Rick Fearon style theory... Rick has actually been planted and is funded by the Watchtower to give credence to their claims that apostates are liars. His agenda is to make preposterous claims against Watchtower that are demonstrably false so that JWs can point to it and say, 'see! Mentally diseased apostates!'... He is the Alex Jones of ExJWs."

I've sometimes caught myself wondering that.

Alternative Watchtowerish religion - check...

...obnoxious internet presence - check...

...increasingly batshit crazy claims - check.

He fits the stereotype so perfectly, it's almost funny... it's like the Org created him out of whole cloth as some kind of half-assed "black flag" op, and it got away from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit