I quit the Goodwill :(

by Joliette 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    When I was growing up, it was almost a status symbol among the Sisters in our Hall to see who could find the best prices on dresses for meeting, at the Goodwill or as they used to call it "Betty Ann's Dress Shoppe"
  • bafh
    bafh
    You are strong. There is nothing weak about avoiding people or situations that are disturbing to you. :-)
  • Cangie
    Cangie
    I love Goodwill and any other thrift store I can wander around in. At least half my wardrobe comes from there, in addition to household items, books, art and furniture. Years ago, when I still attended the KH, I introduced the "Bethel wives" in my congregation to shopping there after field service one Saturday and they bought clothes for themselves and suits for their husbands. They said they could have the clothes fixed by the tailor at Bethel.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Here in the UK we call them 'charity shops', which is kind of ironic when you consider JWs shop there. Of course JWs use these shops, they need to make savings to give their ice cream money and money they save to the 7 watchtower rock star popes.

that way the 7 popes can look after their like minded sexual predators and afford apple watches and other bling.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

blondie13 hours ago
    Go to St Vincent DePaul or Salvation Army....may cut down how many jws you see and if they say it is wrong why are they there....or go to garage sales on Saturday am or Friday.
    Op title is a bit ambiguous - Blondie she was working there, she quit her JOB at the goodwill!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Tenascious Scripture does say to put the Kingdom first and all other things will be provided.

Tenacious Im not sure why you say that. This is the New Living Translation of Mathew 6.33 " Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

• Sledracer
    Sledracer

You are letting them win, I would just give them a big happy Hello, and enthusiastically tell them how nice it is to see them. Then they are going to have to squirm because it is very difficult and uncomfortable for them to shun people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit