Feeling Pretty Bad

by rebel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

(((((((Rebel)))))))))

bttt for Rebel this was posted early today and many have probably missed it.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

like alot of posters have already said-- he is advised by scripture to remain with you--to win you without a word...remember that one? isnt there a scripture that says something about if you are a slave stay a slave, or married dont be looking to be single....? something like that. I always thought the only one who can end a marriage is the one who chooses to leave the Borg, not the one who stays...atleast that is the way it is counselled to wives in that situation.

Ravyn

• KGB
    KGB

I just got to know ? When you love someone and you marry them are we not supposed to love them unconditionally? Are we not supposed to stand by each other to our deaths ? Does not the scriptures teach this ? Does not the borg teach this ? I know they do so tell the man to pull his head out his ass and get a grip. He should be so lucky as to have a wife who slaved for the jerk all those years. What a jerk , you don`t need the guy anyways it sounds to me like the man does not support his wife anyways.....

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Rebel

I am so sorry to read that things are still not good.

The small mindedness of JWs really gets me annoyed.

Please call. You know where I am.

Hugs

Mrs Nightwarrior (cath)

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Rebel))) - I am so sorry you are going through all of this - what a terrible situation to be in....

I'm not an expert - but many marriages go through ups & downs, and this sounds like a rock bottom scenario - but not hopeless. I'm sure your husband loves you as well, and he's just scared & angry at the choices you've made, but he could get over it - and according to his faith, should.

We're all here for you, so just remember you aren't alone.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Rebel, I can't see him doing it to be honest. OK, I don't know the guy, but as has been previously stated, he will not be able to re-marry. He will also loose at least some if not all of his children regardless of which religion they choose. He may be trying (even subconsciously ) to push you away in the hopes you will do something he can allowably divorce you for if he has really grown to hate you, although I think this is unlikely.

Rebel - invite him to the next E-mans BBQ and tell him it's some other interest group! I would love to see the look on his face!

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

This is just tragic. Another family torn apart in God's Name.

I sincerely hope things work out for you. My heart goes out to you and your children.

Q.

• Francois
    Francois

I'm very sorry that you've come this far with the guy only to have him behave in this fashion. I know there is a scripture that says, "those who are not against us are for us." Jesus said that and he is the authority. You can surely tell him that you're not against the JWs and cooperate with him in every way you can short of being a JW yourself. And then show him that scripture. See, so in your own way, you are "for them"

Tactic might work. How intelligent is your man?

francois

• Scooby
    Scooby

Sorry to hear of your pain too. Try to push outside marriage counseling asap. It may get to some deep core issues. Do everything you can to save your relationship, give it 60 days or whatever you choose.... mark your calendar, give it hell and then know you did everything possible.

Sometimes the only thing wt people understand is UNBELIEVABLE pain that could make them question. maybe.

Keep loving your kids unconditionally. They know the difference.

Much Love and Prayer to you. I know this pain ohhhh sooo well. Ouch. I was left and divorced after leaving the WT. YOU are worth WAY WAY more than that.

HUGS>>Scooby

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

Thinking about you during this hard time, pet. It all just sounds so bad. I remember a few persons at the KH who lived their lives with someone who didn't believe or who had left, so it never was mandatory to split as I remember. I liked Francoise's advice. Militancy would likely provide extra excuses to leave but a mildness & conciliation together with appealing to someone's feelings somehow may help to bring the result you wish. Such an attitude might leave a deep mental impression on kids too, I feel, which they could well remember later.

Well, I'm no expert counsellor so I'll stop there, wish you all the best & everything & hope it all comes right for you. When I read this story, together with the letter from Mulan's niece, I wonder sometimes what happened to empathy, shared emotions thru years of memories, & maybe even just having a deep feeling for another person.

Take care, lots of love & everything........

Soul brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit