A question for Sword of Jah

by AwakenedAndFree 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sword of Jah,

Answer me this , please.

You mention that the Organization is used by Jehovah, hence the understanding of 1935.

My question is this :

Does God lie ? If not, how do explain the fact that the Watchtower said this about the generation of 1914 :

"the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Did Jehovah really promise that, Sword of Jah ? Again I ask you, If God never lies, why would he 'lie' to his only organization ?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Jehovah did not lie. He allows humans the priviledge of investigating his Word to find the truth. Obviously the scripture in Matthew was misunderstood for many years. Jehovah reveals information in its due time. After another careful examination of the scripture, this was clarified.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Oh, that explains it all... sign me up

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes but sword, the Society said it was JEHOVAH'S PROMISE. Since the Society is being used by God, surely God didn't tell them to LIE !??!?!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink eh

• neverthere
    neverthere

Hamas, I always thought that it was you can lead a horse to water but if he drowns in it he won't go to heaven

(LOL Sorry couldn't resist!!!)

• Hamas
    Hamas

LOL

Good one

• borgfree
    borgfree

SwordofJah,

Jehovah did not lie. He allows humans the priviledge of investigating his Word to find the truth. Obviously the scripture in Matthew was misunderstood for many years. Jehovah reveals information in its due time. After another careful examination of the scripture, this was clarified.

You are right, God did not lie, the Watchtower leaders did.

There's that clarified again. It doesn't work, they prophesied falsly.

Also, they made a prophesy in God's name, that makes them false prophets. I have never seen anywhere in the bible, where a false prophet could later become a true prophet. Once a false phophet, always a false prophet.

Borgfree

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

You are erronously spinning this the wrong way. JWs did not prophesy, Jesus prophesied and he does not lie. The prophesy and truth was there all along. JWs are simply trying to understand the prophesy. Like the apostles of Jesus that did not understand all of Jesus words until it was time for it to be revealed. The same happens in this modern days. The understanding or the meaning of the prophesy that Jesus prophesied was not accurate. After careful analysis of that prophesy, a clarification was published.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

So SoJ, why would Jehovah allow a lie to be taught when the truth was just as easy to reveal?

• borgfree
    borgfree

SwordofJah,

Like the apostles of Jesus that did not understand all of Jesus words until it was time for it to be revealed. The same happens in this modern days.

No it isn't the same. The apostles might have misunderstood some of the things Jesus told them but they did not require all Christian believers to believe as they said or be disfellowshipped. They did not make bold declarations in God's name (phophesy) which then did not come true.

"the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

You will not find the Creator promising any such thing in the bible. This was a Watchtower prophesy.

All of the blaming human error, and saying the apostles did the same thing, will not erase that.

You know the scripture in Deuteronomy about what we should do if a prophet says something in the name of God and it does not come true.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit