What weird habits do you have?

by JH 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Damn! Y'all just reminded me that I forgot to watch "Monk" last night!

JH: Your breaks would do better going through puddles it washes out the excess break dust.

<Shaking head> No. Number one, it's "brakes" ok? And Number two. Your brakes would do better without splashing through deep puddles, that itself is true. Once you've heated the rotors up with a few good stops, a good splashing of water will warp them and then when you hit the brake pedal you get a vibration. But wash off the dust? Not much. Trust me, I'm a professional brake technician. You know what? On second thought, if you live around here, aim for every puddle you see!

Mine?

Buckle my seatbelt every time I get in a car. (that's a good thing)

My uniform shirt pockets get filled the same way every morning: left breast pocket gets my pen, right breast pocket gets my pocket screwdriver, white pen-light, blue pen-light, and Sharpie marker in that order. Everything has to be in that order and if something is missing I have to find it right then.

I eat at the same few places every morning for breakfast and everyone there knows me and what I want.

I don't like sitting with my back to a door when I eat out.

I hate crowds. (Gee! I wonder why?!)

I smoke cigarettes but I don't smoke before lunch and I hate the smell before lunch. After lunch I don't even notice the smell. (Once in a while I'll have a smoke before lunch but EXTREMELY rarely)

When I leave for work in the mornings I have to double check that I've locked my apartment's door. Sometimes I'll even turn the car around and go back to double-check.

Oh, and I sleep in the buff too but have to have some covering. (stop gagging ladies!)

I hate changing pillows on my bed. I've had the same pillows for something like 8 or 9 years. They were a gift from a customer and ended up replacing the ones I'd had for years previously. Still comfortable. I do change the sheets and pillowcases regularly tho.

Mike.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Bendrr: Thunder says your WRONG he has been a mechanic for years and we never have brake problems. Excessive heat is what warps rotors. OUR cars always function and we never have need of a technician. Thunder has always been a wonderful mechanic

PS: OOOOPS on my spelling error. I have another eye infection and can't see diddly in one eye

PPS: NEVER HAD A WARPED ROTOR IN 20 years. Thunder never has

• Soledad
    Soledad

Ok I have a couple really weird habits

1. Im obsessed with even numbers. IE: if the balance in my bank account is say $250.56, I'll acutally deposit 0.44 to make it an even 251.00. If I write checks to pay bills, I'll make the checks for amounts that will even out my ending balance when Im done.
    2. when I go to a store and my total is, let's say, $22.19, I will give the cashier the exact cents change. I organize my wallet money by denominations, big bills get folded up into the smaller bills. I freak out if it's not in that order.
    3. I have a small magnified mirror, and a good pair of tweezers. guess what I spend most of my evenings doing?
    4. I look for split ends in my hair and I break them off with my fingers.
    5. I can never entirely finish washing the dishes. I always leave a either a plate, spoon, glass or pot unwashed. same goes for the laundry. I almost always leave a shirt or a jacket or a pair of pants unwashed.
    6. I have about, ummm, 1,000 tubes of chapstick around the house, in every pocket of my coats and jackets and in my purses. and they have to be mint, not original.
  • JH
    JH

Another weird thing I done was to offer free gas to a stranger at a gas station. I could only put 24,00$ of gas in my car, and I needed to put 25$ to have a gift from the garage, so I offered 1$ of free gas to a stranger filling up so that I could get my little gift.

Weird is the word. Keep quiet people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit