Dubbers now sitting in flea markets to count time. Dont even try to pawn mags.

by dogon 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon
    Every flea market I go to a group of idiots sits under a tent top with a few mags on display with a cup of coffee playing on a phone with as much interest in pushing the cult as a teenage girl at the check out line has in bagging your groceries. When I was in the cult we had to work for our time. Now its like sitting at the coffee shop BSing with the other cult idiots counting time for your Pioneer status. What a bunch of shit. This ORG. keeps going farther down the rabbit hole.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Counting time in service sucks!

Just lie about it like the majority does.

SL

• prologos
    prologos

since when do government workers get paid by the hour? 15 minutes, if you are a senior?

kingdom publishers work for the kingdom government, now 101 years and ruling on. we are on salary and paradise pension. payed just to be breathing, working or not. . why bother with details, brother?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Get a small group of about 3 people and rotate them to the booth and ask questions just enough to get them out of their seat. Then then them and when they sit down again have another roll up and ask to be helped.

HA

NJY

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    As a true believer counting time like that made me believe I had blood on my hands.They cannot possibly believe the rubbish they peddle.
  • Simon
    Simon
    They hardly ever look like the have some life saving message that they are keen to deliver.
  • Ich3b
    Ich3b

Actually, they are following instructions from the Borg:

*** km 7/13 p. 5 pars. 4-5 New Initiatives for Public Witnessing ***

4 How the Witnessing Is Done: Those involved in special metropolitan public witnessing usually wait for someone to come to the table or mobile display. When someone approaches, he is invited to take any literature that interests him. The pioneers gladly answer from the Scriptures any questions he may have. If he takes literature, the pioneers do not mention the donation arrangement. But if he inquires about how our work is funded, they may explain that donations can be sent to the address listed in the literature. When possible, they ask: “Would you like someone to visit your home?” or “Are you aware that a free Bible study comes with that publication?”

5 Sharing in this initiative has been very rewarding. One couple wrote: “Standing at the table and seeing thousands of people go by each day has impressed upon our hearts the vast work that is being done to reach people all around the world. Seeing these masses of people and thinking about how Jehovah truly cares for each person has strengthened our resolve to continue putting the preaching work at the center of our lives. We imagine Jehovah scanning the hearts of all those who pass by the table, searching for those who are worthy. We have rarely felt so close to our angelic coworkers.”

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    My wife does one of these ever year for a week. What a joke but thier there all together telling themselves thier doing gods work so it makes them feel good. It reminds me of people that would sell off all they had and become monks out in some remote dessert. What a waste of a life.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Spanish and English congregations in my area do the same thing, but they rotate weekends. I've never seen anyone approach either language group. I sell things at the flea market several times a year, so I'm there for hours at a time. They look ridiculous too, they are all in suits and ties or dresses and heels...in the blessed heat at a flea market, surrounded by musty furniture, old junk, tools, produce and plants and people dressed in beer t-shirts, shorts, tattoos all over and piercings,.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Seems to be the pioneer pace. Walk the walk ever so slow, now just moving ever slower by just sitting there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit