What are you currently reading?

by Sirona 65 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I am presently reading: Christopher Madonia's, Thunder Rider's Burden (Trafford Publishing)

• breal
    breal

Just finished reading some stories written about my husbands parents, grandparents etc who lived in the internment camps during the war. It really opened my eyes to why they are so family oriented and how much strength of character they have. Tough read though since I actually know the people and it is very emotional experiences.

Regularly I read anything by Patricia Cornwell, Tami Hoag, John Grisham, Kristin Hannah, Nora Roberts/J.D Robb.

• qwerty
  • patio34
    patio34

Hey Francois, I read and loved The Power of One a few years ago. You're right, the movie didn't compare. Also, you recommended River God by Wilbur Smith. I have that one waiting in the wings, along with Warlock by him. I'll move them up since your recommendation.

A book that I loved (but despised the movie) was The Postman by David Bruin. An excellent one.

This is a terrific thread!

Pat

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

Picked up Ernest Hemingways Old Man and the Sea instead read the entire book in less than 2 hours. Still plan on reading Uncle Tom's Cabin but that would mean a trip to the library A Tale of Two Cities is waiting for me so that will probably be it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

"How To Be A Christian Without Being Religious."by Fritz Ridenour

publishers are G/L Regal Glendale California.U,S,A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit