No invitation

by inky 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day inky,

I'm sorry that I missed this thread at first, but better late than never, eh?

I showed your post to Mrs Ozzie and her exact words were "The poor thing". After a few moments, she said "What can anyone really say?" It's a bit like going to a funeral, not having the right words to say.

Nevertheless, we want you to know that we do understand how you are feeling. You see, it's somewhat similar to our own experience. You may like to read this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/27313/1.ashx

Since then, there is not a day goes by that Mrs Ozzie doesn't have a tear in her eye for her lovely daughters. Never, though, does she regret one moment of finding the path to freedom. Despite everything, she's happy to have learned the truth about "The Troof" and then to find real Truth. We have as our heart's desire that our own children should also learn that truth. Will that ever happen? Will they ever be reconciled to their parents who raised and love them? The Lord knows. I'm more than convinced that God has led us away from the Borg and that same God has a plan for my children. We wait patiently but with heavy hearts.

What advice have we for you? You have every "right" to go, so you might reason that you will attend. On the other hand, your love for your son may mean that you wouldn't want to embarrass or hurt him, taking away some of the happiness of his special day. In short, I can't see that there is a "right" answer.

May you have the strengrth to cope with whatever you decide.

God bless.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Princess
    Princess

I thought of Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie when I read your post. I knew he'd have some encouraging words for you.

You have every "right" to go, so you might reason that you will attend. On the other hand, your love for your son may mean that you wouldn't want to embarrass or hurt him, taking away some of the happiness of his special day.

Good point. Hard decision to make there. I think you could easily slip in late and watch fairly unnoticed from the back and slip out again. Of course you'd have to cover that red hair with a nice hat!

I can't believe he doesn't want you there, but a formal invitation may be forbidden.

I agree, it's what I was thinking too.

Whatever you decide, your aunt, uncle and cousins love and support you!

Rachel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day inky,

I just wanted you to know that I asked Mrs Ozzie if she'd like to offer a few words but she said she couldn't. She'd break down. I'm sure you understand. Our thoughts are with you.

Cheers from your downunder friends,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit