Imaginary headline: Bethelite Goes Bezerk and Guns Down 4 GBs!!!

by D wiltshire 45 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I imagine that there must be quite a few bethelites that have been there for many years, and because of the internet or their own experience while working at bethel, that causes them to know that this is not the "truth". But because they have gotten old and have no place else to go, and so make beleive they are still with the program. Can you imagine how tuff that must be, what kind of pressure that put on some poor soul lke that.

This of coarse did not happened, but I think it's only a matter of time, before someone does snap and do something very simaliar to the title of this thread. It may be a very distraught family member who is shunned and seeks revenge or someone who has cancer and has only a few months to live that wants to settle the score for years of lies that used up their precious time.

I think it is only a matter of time before we will be reading a very real story about this in the papers, what's your opinion?

• wasasister
    wasasister

My opinion is that this is a tasteless, sensationalist, and irresponsible post.

• Jennie
    Jennie
    My opinion is that this is a tasteless, sensationalist, and irresponsible post.

Indeed.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sorry. That was me.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    It may be a very distraught family member who is shunned and seeks revenge or someone who has cancer and has only a few months to live that wants to settle the score for years of lies that used up their precious time.

Are you trying to incite someone to commit a crime? Maybe not but it could be taken for that.

IW

• rocketman
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't like this thread at all and agree with other posters who've expressed disapproval.

Ozzie

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I think some of you are taking this thread a little bit too seriously.

I have seen far more violent, profane, or sexually explicit things posted on this website discussion board and not complained about as much.

In fact, D wiltshire poses a very valid point. Often, at least here in the United States, there have been cases of disgruntled employees who are laid off work or lose their entire pension and return to kill former coworkers or bosses.

Is it not VERY possible this could happen in some capacity at Bethel one day? I have considered the possibility before. All it would take is for someone who has dedicated decades to a lie to be awakened to the reality of the lies that the Watchtower Society spreads to control people. Can you imagine the anger that envelops someone when they realize they devoted 40 years of their life to a lie? Only to find out that the arrogant men in charge had been using them all along for personal gain?

While I do not by any means condone such actions, I will say that it would be just desserts for the Governing Body members and their ilk. The evil that they have perpetrated on society by blood doctrines which kill children, protecting child molesters, etc. a swift DEATH would be too merciful for them IMHO.

I hope Simon does not lock the thread. Wiltshire did not wish evil on anyone. He did not flame anyone. While I acknowledge that perhaps the title of the thread was sheer sensationalism, the content has merit.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello D wiltshire,

If I remember correctly from our last discussion a long time ago, you have lost a lot and it appears you are still in pain. Surely you are just venting grief. However, you can see from the responses you are recieving here that this is not a good way to vent.

Maybe you will get a better response by starting a different thread and telling everyone WHY you feel the way you do. How about it?

Jst2laws

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I'm writing this hypothetically, so get that bee out of your bonnet folks.

I'm actually surpised that there hasn't been an assasination attempt on a Watchtower leader yet. They protect themselves, however, by not drawing too much attention to themselves. Their whereabouts, while generally known, are not specifically known except by a small cadre of caretakers and followers. They only appear in public places of large croweds in enclosed rooms, so the person that did it would have to face that fact they would almost certainly be caught unless they also committed suicide.

The other thing that prevents it is the relative age and feebleness of the governing body. Anyone with a grudge against the GB large enough for them to WANT to commite a murder, would probably have to wonder (as we all do) weather these folks are really the ones in power now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit