Imaginary headline: Bethelite Goes Bezerk and Guns Down 4 GBs!!!

by D wiltshire 45 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

*** w88 3/15 p. 3 Is Prayer Worth the Effort? ***

On Sunday, July 21, 1985, more than a hundred men, women, and children met for worship in their Kingdom Hall in Sydney, Australia. After a song of praise to God, prayer was offered on behalf of the congregation. When a minister was 15 minutes into his Bible discourse that Sunday morning, a bomb blast suddenly shattered the peace, critically injuring him, killing a man seated at the front of the hall, and resulting in the hospitalization of more than 40 persons.

*** w86 1/1 p. 10 Days Like "the Days of Noah" ***

VIOLENCE! As in Noah’s day, so today, violence has become a household word. Even those who walk with the true God, as did Noah, are not immune to violence. This was forcefully drawn to the world’s attention when, on July 21 of last year, a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Sydney, Australia, was demolished by a bomb during a public Bible talk about loyalty to God and family. One Witness was killed. More than 40 were hospitalized. All of these have recovered, though some carry heavy scars as a result of this criminal outrage. A police detective commented: "There were 110 people inside and it is simply a miracle that we don’t have 110 dead."

*** w86 9/1 p. 26 Godly Respect for Blood ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses appreciate the many benefits provided by modern medicine. For example, when a Kingdom Hall near Sydney, Australia, was destroyed by a terrorist bomb last year and more than 50 injured Witnesses were rushed to a nearby hospital, these were grateful that the doctors had on hand a plentiful supply of nonblood fluids to transfuse. All the injured survived. They could be thankful for these transfusions that were in harmony with Jehovah’s regulations. As a further plus, none of them were in danger of being infected by diseases that can be transmitted by blood.

DW, thanks for bringing up this topic. I've seen it on the board for a few days, but didn't open it till just now...perhaps because I too consider it all too likely a possibility, albeit a very sad one. Here in Oregon 2 exJWs murdered their families, and in both cases their JW upbringing played into the court testimony as a reason why they "snapped."

Much as I hate the WTS, I hope the hypothetical doesn't happen.

raig

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Thanks Craig for presenting the report from the WT and correcting my inaccuracies.

cheeses - who has been known to be wrong on more than one occasion.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Craig,

DW, thanks for bringing up this topic. I've seen it on the board for a few days, but didn't open it till just now...perhaps because I too consider it all too likely a possibility, albeit a very sad one.

I think we are doing a public service by bringing the reality of this out in the open. The GB needs to be given a wake up call to stop their madness before this really does happen. What ever a persons sows that what he will reap. If they keep busting up families with shunning rules, and causing many to lose their live needlessly because of their no blood rule, and other heartless treatment of people, it all is piling up, to this out come.

Here in Oregon 2 exJWs murdered their families, and in both cases their JW upbringing played into the court testimony as a reason why they "snapped." Much as I hate the WTS, I hope the hypothetical doesn't happen.
    If someone will go insane and murder their families (because of the WT), what to stop one who goes insane from oppression from the WT from pulling up one day to Brooklyn Bethel with a uhaul truck full of amonium nitrate and disel oil. I'm sure because of WT oppression there are many who have let the idea cross their minds. I too hope it never happens, but feel it is sadly inevitable, because of the WT treatment of people, have been under their control, has been so cruel and heartless.
  • sf
    sf

WTBTS is a terrorist organization.

It should be dealt with accordingly.

So why isn't it??

What is 'It' that keeps 'It' Going?? And most importantly...

WHY??

sKally

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hey cheeser, I wasn't trying to "correct" you Speaking of bombings, here was another one:

*** g85 2/22 pp. 12-13 "Greater Love Has No Man Than This" ***

FRANÇOIS, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses living in Paris, France, is well acquainted with the words of Jesus Christ: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:12, 13, Revised Standard Version) But little did François realize when he awoke on the morning of last September 22 that those words of Jesus would take on new meaning for him before the day was through.

That evening, as is his custom, he went to the meeting of the Paris Center Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, scheduled for 5:30 p.m. For the past 25 years the congregation has met in a rented hall situated on the fourth floor of an old office building. The building is located on an attractive square at the end of the famous Avenue de l’Opera, near the Louvre Museum.

Serving as an attendant, François stood near the entrance door ready to welcome any latecomers. The speaker was about halfway through his Bible discourse, when suddenly François smelled something burning. Then he observed a wisp of smoke coming under the entrance door. François opened the door and saw a green suitcase just outside—with smoke coming out of it.

Grabbing the suitcase, François rushed down the three flights of stairs but tripped as he reached the foot of the stairway. The suitcase dropped, opened, and an orange plastic petrol can fell out. Quickly he closed the smoking suitcase and, carrying it in his arms, ran out of the building and rushed across the street, narrowly avoiding being struck by a passing car. He threw the suitcase into the water basin of the fountain in the square. Then he ran back to get the petrol can, fearing that it might be a bomb too, and rushed back to the fountain and also threw it into the water.

By this time two of the elders of the congregation, who had left the meeting to see what was going on, joined him at the fountain. Since smoke was still coming out of the partly submerged suitcase, one of the elders said that they should immediately phone the police. They had walked only a few steps from the fountain when the bomb exploded. The windows facing the square were shattered, and several people were injured slightly by the falling glass. François and the elders with him were spattered with mud and water from the fountain but were uninjured. The parapet of the fountain apparently screened them from the blast.

Upstairs in the Kingdom Hall across the street the windows were broken, and some in the audience were thrown to the floor by the blast. But not a single person in attendance was injured. Most of the flying glass was stopped by the heavy curtains.

The speaker for the evening encouraged those present to keep calm. After a fervent prayer of thanks had been offered to Jehovah for his protection, the meeting continued. Soon the police and the fire brigade were on the scene. However, they waited until the meeting was over before making their inquiry and before cleaning up the broken glass in the hall.

The officials congratulated the Witnesses for their composure, and particularly François for his brave act. They were unanimous in saying that those present probably owed their lives to his presence of mind and quick action. If the bomb had exploded on the wooden staircase outside the door and the can of gasoline had set the place on fire, they would have been trapped by the flames.

The bomb attack was widely reported by the French media. Even a Swiss newspaper reported on it, under the headline "Astounding Composure." As for François, he asked for and received police protection from the TV and press reporters who wished to put him in the limelight. When questioned, he humbly stated: "I realized that our lives were in danger. So I thought it was better for me to die alone than for all of us to be killed."

One of the policemen told him: "It’s a miracle that you are still alive. Your God must have protected you. You are a genuine witness of Jehovah."

At the time of writing, the police were still trying to find out who was responsible for the bomb.

This was mentioned in the 1999 WT, with no additional detail. Perhaps someone here knows more?

Craig

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I wouldn't be surprised if the WT moved its entire operation up state out of the city and in the country because they are too vulnerable to a bomb threat in Brooklyn, from a distraught(suicidal) disfellowshipped JW who lost his family and is seeking revenge.

In Brooklyn someone could steal a truck load it with 20 or more 55gallon barrels of amonium nitrate & desil oil (very inexspensive) drive it up to the main lobby park it there and then take the subway to their car. This is a very real danger to the WT. If this ever happened this would also bring the WT under more scrutiny by the media, which would also be very bad for them.

So I think they are probably in the proccess right now of doing this (moving to a safer place). It can't happen over night, it takes time to move such a major opperation, but I'm willing to bet the GB knows that their policies are makeing it more and more likely for something like this to happen and they know how vulnerable they are right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit