New abbreviation POMOSI

by NeedToKnow 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

I like the old saying about not throwing out the baby with the washwater. Sure, there are things that were good to keep from my life as a Witness. I'm not going back to a life of crime just because I learned ttatt. That doesn't make me POMI, PIMO or make me fit into any of the overly-simplistic categories.

But for the record, I am PIMO, at least compared to being an all-in Witness.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

New abbreviation, ''POMOSI''. It's a good one. People who leave the Borg have those dreaded Armageddon nightmares years, and years after being ''outed''.

John Cedars for example. He commented on the move Ghostbusters one time. How he still hasn't watched it, released in1 1984, He related how he still ''won't watch it''.

Dubs wont' say ''God bless'' or ''good luck'' after leaving the Borg, for years after.

• Simon
    Simon

Acronyms work when they are short. Once you get to 6+ letters I think switching to words makes sense.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What about POSER

PHYSICALLY OUT SPIRITUALLY ENLIGHTENED & RELIGIOUS!!! lols

In all Seriousness, though, I don't think you are " in," you are simply a Christian!! Say it loud!! You don't have to have any connection to Watchtower, or their abusive practices, to believe in a God, jesus as your saviour, Jehovah and he having a purpose for humankind 😊

There are many stripe of Christian and many who don't believe in a literal hell or even the trinity

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yes, probably anything between 4 and 6 letters is the most simple to read for acronyms.

• steve2
    steve2

Once you’re MO (mentally out) you’re out, whether or not you remain “spiritual”. POMOSI is therefore unwieldy and redundant. In fact, when people are first MO, they often automatically remain “spiritual”. It is only ongoing research and critical thinking that excises one from superstitious books of one kind or another.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The cognitive dissonance with PIMO's just must be like having your brain squeezed from all directions, the pressure of it must be just overpowering. Depends on how entangled a PIMO must be. For example many PIMO's have the risk of losing spouses, families, relatives and Yes, employment also if he/she leaves the Borg.

King of Fader youtube channel did a cool video sometime ago. He said he wouldn't ""wish being PIMO on his worst enemies''. He touched on the emotional toll is just overpowering. His vids are great. That altered, slow voice of his, the undertone of sarcasm. Funny,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit