New abbreviation POMOSI

by NeedToKnow 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

I was thinking that I’m not exactly POMO but more POMOSI - Physically Out Mentally Out Spiritually In.

Anyone who is familiar with the life of Raymond Franz may understand what I mean. So I haven’t been to meetings in a while and I’m so over the whole mind control thing but I do love Jehovah and believe in his purpose for us. The org doesn’t go about it properly IMO so I have been doing my own reading and understanding. There’s one other particular person who knows my thoughts who’s PIMI but beginning to wake up a little so we discuss stuff.

So I think POMOSI should be a new label for peo0le like me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What do you define "Spiritually" as??

Do you believe that "Jehovah" is the god that uses Jehovah's Witnesses?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would probably fit into that category. I’ve visited a number of different churches, and have (for the time being) settled for the Catholic Church. I still live a Christian life style and have taken up reading the bible again.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hope you get a chance to read Ray Franz' books in your personal search; Crisis Conscience, to understand and appreciate the man and his journey and, In Search of Christian Freedom, to see where the Watchtower goes against scripture.

• zeb
    zeb

and the 'Gentile Times Reconsidered' by Jonsson. to see what the wts does to anyone who thinks 'hey that doesnt sound right..'

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Zeb - 'hey that doesn't sound right..' - you just put a bulls eye on you back!

Thanks for that KTN, I probably fit that category.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Hi Needtoknow,

Well done on starting the real journey to find Jehovah. I was a JW for a long time, but I am not anymore. The org helped me to understand more about religion and how it uses people. I came to realise that I became much closer with God since I left. I don't personally believe that God's name is Jehovah. But I fully understand where you are coming from and I wish you all the best in your spiritual life.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If you go down that route then you could just keep on adding letters like they do with LGBTQPOWMIA. What you are is between POMI and POMO, nothing is immediate. Just because you are spiritual doesn't mean you're 'in' per say. I'm a Christian, but as far as JW's I'm fully PIMO. However if you're still clinging to theology that's uniquely JW, then they still have a hold on you. I recommend you read articles on JW Facts about the earthly resurrection, the last days, door to door preaching, false prophecy etc. You will see that all these are thoroughly debunked and maybe you can finally move on mentally and spiritually.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it's POMOSI, then I assume you believe in some of what "Jehovah's Witnesses" teach or at least taught somewhere in the past. Perhaps you should look up the International Bible Students. (http://www.internationalbiblestudents.com/about.html)

I tell you what. I hate being preached to. I really do. So I won't "preach" to you why that would never work for me.
    But I will say - drawing lines at what's true and literal and what's symbolic, how to discern ancient meanings of vague texts, and deciding what actual writings should be "the Bible" - all that makes it very hard to do a serious study of Christianity. Good luck.

edited to add: I think Ray Franz was still a bit POMI. I doubt all of us would agree on a clear separation between "spiritually in" and "mentally out."

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

As far as my understanding, being spiritual is very much associated with beliefs about the non-existing things. In plain terms "Superstitious"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit