Judicial meeting questions.

by Fader812 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• just fine
    just fine

People answer because they are conditioned to think they have to. When I was leaving, the therapist I saw said, just because someone asks you a question, doesn't mean you have to answer it. It was empowering at that time, because it put me back in control of my life.

i told a relative of mine to answer with "that is a private matter and it would be disrespectful to myself and my girlfriend to discuss our sex life with other people."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Kinda creeped me out, actually creeped me out a lot.

Because it confirms their perceived power of God they have .

To be in judgement over others is empowering, they also want to impose guilt and shame which is also a controlling factor.

Don't put yourself in their entrapment to upset and unstable your own emotions and mental health.

GET OUT OF THIS CULT

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Reminds me of this Alexandra James JWvictims.org video wherein a rape victim was asked to DEMONSTRATE her own rape in front of the elders and her accuser. Vile, vile stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0034PaogjSY

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I was reading this thread and I have a story to tell about this.

Back in the late 70s, a young sister I knew committed fornication with her boyf - once. Riddled with guilt, she confessed to the elders. Brought in front of a JC. She was early 20s and the three elders - one in his 40s, two elderly. One of the elderly bros had recently lost his special pioneer daughter in road accident.

The questions they asked her. I couldn't put them on here. She said she was sobbing her heart out and they were interrogating her with the most disgusting questions. They wanted a minute by minute detailed description of everything. They even wanted to know (why?) what kind of underwear she was wearing!

She wasn't DF but get this, three months after her JC the elder in his 40s was DF. The whole time he was interrogating her at her JC, he was sleeping with another brother's wife! And one of the other elders, the one who had lost his daughter, came up to her after a meeting and said it was her that should have been killed in a car accident not his lovely daughter who was strong in the truth -- unlike her. My friend ran out of the hall crying.

My friend left that congregation as soon as she could and never came back.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    And one of the other elders, the one who had lost his daughter, came up to her after a meeting and said it was her that should have been killed in a car accident not his lovely daughter who was strong in the truth -- unlike her.

Having to endure an abusive JC is bad enough however, to then be told the above is beyond sickening!

• zeb
    zeb

This hideous account revealed here by Alexandra James was in its original form broadcast as part of an investigation on BBC Radio 4.

I only hope that someone in the UK has made the current inquiry into the wt there a where of it as well.

Hearing the account made me ill for the victim/s(?) that anyone could be so f**** base so penultimate without feeling and so addicted to their poxy little roles in their poxy little wt world that they would interrogate the victim so.

Beyond any doubt they are utterly without conscience as bad as any war criminal.

Alexandra J stand tall.

The BBC Radio-4 program investigating this crime was reported to the ARC.

• Chook
    Chook

I got told or saw I can't remember, but it went along the lines of.... if a sister who was unmarried wore sexy lingerie to meet her male friend that would be a sign of guilt because no one is meant to see her knickers. The bullshit gets a mile high .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit