2017 Memorial Partakers

by NashvilleTele 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Darkspliver, can you please reference the source of the image you posted?

Where do those numbers come from?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    OrphanCrow: Darkspliver, can you please reference the source of the image you posted? Where do those numbers come from?

That's MY image/chart.

The data isn't mine though, it is from the WT, via the KM, sample below for 1993

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thx, Dp.

*psssst....nice image

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Could it be that the 'anointed' numbers are rising quite simply because the number of 'elite' conversions are rising?

Definately, I would say that's a big element to it. Young people with ambition are not stupid. They know it will 'fast track' you to positions of responsibility. Or the 'right' marriage partner - if a jw male isn't quite willing enough to make a fool of himself - he knows marriage to an anointed girl will make him look 'spiritual' enough to get a good position in the org.

But as Orphan Crow says, not just any old poor girl with a single mum or an unbelieving dad from duck puddle on the marsh will cut it. You've got to come from the right jw background to be taken seriously. Not written off as one of ' those' anointed [side eyes].

Because even the anointed have a 'two class' system within The org for goodness sake.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Darkspilver.

It's interesting that they once published the Memorial attendance within a month or so of its being held.

Now, they hold off until the yearbook is published (January of the following year).

Perhaps this is an attempt to "wean off" the rank and file's access to actual numbers that could be on the disappointing side.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I see this not so much as elite born-ins but the common person (in every country) who was raised in a Christen household where it was a part of life and death that you pass on to a better place.

I think you're right in that the large increases in jw numbers are coming from African, traditionally Catholic countries like Angola; where rejecting the emblems would be difficult for New converts.

However, Dark Spliver's kchart shows that anointed numbers in the UK decreased at a faster, and notably steady, rate than in the USA where the real JW elite reside.

This very much plays in with Orphan Crow's theory that it's those from the more prominent jw families, perhaps living closer to the centre of power. So in the USA those new anointed were replacing the dying ones despite the 1935 closing date.

And now that's old light, even more are quaffing the Holy juice if it gives them a shot at being the ' new Moses'

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

steve2: It's interesting that they once published the Memorial attendance within a month or so of its being held.

The example attendance/partakers I provided above, for a Memorial held on Tuesday 6 April, was printed in the August Kingdom Ministry (although it would have needed to have been printed and distributed to congregations just before the start of August)

Diogenesister: However, darkspilver's chart shows that anointed numbers in the UK decreased at a faster, and notably steady, rate than in the USA

That was what stood out to me.

The percentage decrease in the number of partakers from 1975 to 1993 was:

Worldwide = 17.6% decrease

America = 21.8% decrease

Britain = 63.9% decrease

It was also interesting that American partakers generally accounted for just under half of the worldwide total number.

• blondie
  • steve2
    steve2

Can't wait to see the attendance for 2017 and number of partakers.

• NashvilleTele
    NashvilleTele

It's been a number of years since I've looked into this. A recent run in with a JW kinda sparked my interest. It did kinda shock me that it was closing in on 20k.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit