How many preaching hours are real

by Hellothere 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe less than 10% if we are honest ?

And Bible studies that is a real joke isn`t it ? WT literature study is more like it.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

How many JW preaching hours are real?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Syme
    Syme

Let me tell you a story:

A young pioneer couple was travelling by car to go to their place of vacation.

Every hour or so they passed a toll booth station.

They gave the unfortunate toll booth worker a leaflet or something.

They counted the whole trip as preaching. 6 or 7 hours.

They talked about it like it was something really smart that they had come up with, and something to be proud of.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The visiting elderly is the one part of ministry that should be done.

Absolutely. But it isn't because you can't count hours on it. Sickening.

Stan : book sales were quite profitable paid for petrol in my car...

Interesting! I wonder if it was seen as a job during the 30s40s50s etc?? Like other door to door salesmen, because that's why they started door to door, it was just a sales technique. Nothing to do with the Bible.

I did know people who only counted hours actual door knocking (except for lunch or coffee break). But that was back in the 80s. By the 90s there seemed to be lots of little tricks like leaving tracts in libraries and launderettes miles apart etc We never drove only cycled or walked when preaching, so at least it never cost us petrol money.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    How much of the preaching hours in yearly report you think are real?

Not all that much. I all depends how you 'count time(tm)'.

One old geezer went out door knocking for an hour but because it was raining, he said, 'I've made an effort. I'll count this as 2 hours.'

Another deceased 'sister(tm)' used to put a report in for her son, an hour a month, despite him having buggered off years ago.

It's like everything else in life...ALL FAKE and FICTION!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

what is interesting is that the Org talks about field serve-us as "urgent" and "critical". But individual Jdubs don't act like that. Coffee, walking slow between homes, stopping at home, basically do everything you can do actually not talk to people at all.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the message is/was ever so timely as to how close the end is ? Why the pioneer crawl ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit