How many preaching hours are real

by Hellothere 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

How much of the preaching hours in yearly report you think are real? They always have high numbers preaching hours. Probably increase every decade. Problem is you never see any jws outside preaching anymore. Some few i seen last ten years have been cart preaching. Wonder how many people in congregations put hours they never made. I know it's always been so people fake hours or do five minutes but write one hour. With all born in and pomos in org i bet lots hours are not real.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's been 25 years or so, but I can recall that many of us weren't the most enthusiastic about going door-to-door. If you left with the group at 10am and got back home at 12pm, you reported two hours. How much of that was spent knocking on doors and trying to talk to people? not as much as you might think. We would frequently walk to the building or block we were assigned to, and that itself could take 5 minutes or 20. And we weren't moving at a brisk pace, I can tell you!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, many fake hours, and don’t forget the PIMO’s who cheat. At the end of my “preaching”, I couldn’t stomach more than 1 hour a month, and I used that hour dropping magazines in laundromats. I was so depressed, I did not want to convert anyone, why should they be miserable like me?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Pioneer shuffle. There is an app now to track diwn to the second. 🤔are there overlapping seconds?

Mail a letter on the way to the meeting for service to "start" the time. Leave a tract with a street beggar then drive a long distance. One elduh was famous for needing to stop at home for supplies, take a work call, buying gas; meanwhile I wanted to get out and done. The best was two going on a study whilst I waited in the car napping or conversing about hobbies.

I am sure every minute doing meeting parts is counted.

There are those who still think it is a life saving work. They never consider they use the least effective approach at the least effective times.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

In my area we always started door to door unless there was bad weather. So we would do that for 45 minutes to an hour. Then we would take our "break" and go to a convenient store to get a drink/snack. Some places would sit and eat there for 15-30 minutes. Then we would do return visits where we would drive from one to the other. A lot of sitting and driving for that time. So probably 50-60 percent of the time is actually spent knocking on doors. Cart witnesses is probably 5-10 percent of the time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Maybe 10%

• waton
    waton

10 minutes of field service. is counted for every human on earth by wt promoters. Each year. Plenty of time to go from Adam to Armageddon and back.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Not most of mine I can tell you that.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah but having situation you have to chase hours is gonna affect quality and motives for going out in service. I bet it was Rutherford that came up with doing monthly hours. He seems to be behind much of " lets run this like s cooperation and not Christen organisation" ideas.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i was a regular pioneer ( mid 60's) i used to stop off and knock a door to start my time--knock softly and dont hang around. My time clock stopped when i got home. So that could be 8 hours--or 4 if half a day. In that time it could be playing pin ball machines in a coffee bar..or ten pin bowling. Shopping. Visiting elderly members of the congregation--usually around lunchtime.

If i needed to reach the magazine quota--i would hit the doors around 5 pm--as people were getting home from work. No long chat--sell 2 mags and away. Mag and book sales were quite profitable,-paid the petrol in my car. The only bible studies i conducted were with young unbaptised kids in the congregation--whilst their mum cooked dinner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit