How many preaching hours are real

by Hellothere 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

All the hours were real, even if many of them were in our hearts 1 Peter 3:15

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Stan

The visiting elderly is the one part of ministry that should be done.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Sadly it is mostly games now, moreso than pre-pandemic IMO. I recall not being able to get fellow elders on the Body to go D2D. Most could not doit for one reason or another. If they did, it was just for a few minutes and they were off to an important pre-engagement. Our COBE would not go out in the D2D work for anything. When I realized that it was a lost cause, I stopped asking him to join me. On the larger body, only one MS was regularly out and he wnted to be appointed as an elder. He was not effective at the door.

So, I would have to swag a percentage of about 5% being actual preaching. Cart Witnessing IS NOT PREACHING, it is cart baby sitting. There are some zealous pioneers still doing something meaningful with their time but it is rare. When the hour requirement was dropped, all the new pio's jumped on the bandwagon but few increased their hours at all.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I was "Forced " to go out none of my hours where true hours. And most of my magazine placement where in the trash can, but reported as placed. One study I had a good friend would meet for lunch and count that as a "study". I sure played the Watchtower game an No one was the wise to it.

• a watcher
    a watcher

"No one was the wise to it".

Jehovah was.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    a watcher an hour ago

"No one was the wise to it".

Jehovah was.

He's watching you also, get out of here before the ground opens up and swallows you!

RB.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

A made up desert sand God was Wise to my actions!?! I have love for my people, but brother, please! You believe in Jwism stuff? I really feel sorry for you.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Since the watchtower does very little if no actual Charity work, they use volunteer preaching hours to justify their 501c. Offering free home bible studies and a record of hours spent is their proof of "charity work"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOWWHAT?

The problem is they aren’t even real bible studies but instead are the religion’s own literature studies.

A bible study would be just that: a study of the Bible. Years back when I ‘studied’ with them, their own books were used to study from with the bible reached for here and there.

I also believe anything considered a charity should have programs that benefit the community like what the religions of Christendom have:.. such as programs to help the hungry and the needy and the youth in the community.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I'm with you on that LHG - "a charity should have programs that benefit the community".

We well know that the opposite is in fact the case, In Australia they have been really sneaky of late in that they have made each cong. into a micro charity because such small charities have a much smaller reporting and auditing requirement. Guess who takes the fall if things go bad - the local BOE.

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit