What was the funniest counsel/encouragement you rec'd from an elder ???

by run dont walk 29 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Kind of similiar to minimus question, this one got me thinking.

The funniest for me has to be the elders telling me I should buy a 4-door car for field service and not to buy a Camaro. I almost believed them. Telling me in would not be proper to drive that in field service. Oh boy !!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was young I used to collect comic books, I got the lecture on how they are "SATANIC".

And I'm sure we all got the lecture on Music, and how some record/cd covers are "SATANIC", where do they come up with this stuff.

I even had an elder one time come up to a group of us after the meeting, and say "You know brothers I am a little disappointed, that I cannot hear any of you singing during the song." What is your comeback for this, we were all floored.

Then of course when I got a job as a bartender, WOW the flack I took for that, but by that time I was already on my way out.

What are some of your most outrageous experiences for counsel/encouragement from the elders ????????????????

• Gordy
    Gordy

What is thing about 2 door and 4 door cars???

Never heard it hear in Britain.

It seems to be a totally American thing.

Sames as the thing about Smurfs, they never bothered anyone here, and I certainly never heard any counsel about them in all my 30 years as a JW.

Are American JW's more paranoid then British ones??

• Hamas
    Hamas

On elder told me I should 'progress' in the 'truth' !!!

HAhahahahahaahHAHAAHhahaAHAHaHaAHAHAHa

Now thats funny

• caligirl
    caligirl

Gordy - Here in the states, it is considered a sign of "spiritual weakness" to purchase a 2 door car because a 2 door car is not easy to use in service. When I bought my little sporty car, I remember well the comments ( only came from a select few) about the poor choice of vehicle - didn't seem to register with the "critics" that I never went out anyways!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Don’t do gymnastics!! Particularly SPLITS!!! If you do you will not be a virgin anymore!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

How asinine. I have posted this many times and what appalls me even more is I believed this to be “geographic counsel”, yet there were many other women (girls at the time) told the same thing in different parts of the country here on this board.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Cassi, who wonders if she could have won a gold medal class!! ( How I wish I was that good)!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFLMAO @ Cassi's post!

I never heard that before! Yikes, then I was doomed as a kid!!

j2bf

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I never heard that before! Yikes, then I was doomed as a kid!!

j2bf

LMAO @ Joy!!

Do tell us oh doomed one!! Whats worse is I am not joking in the least, these poor kids.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Gordy - Here in the states, it is considered a sign of "spiritual weakness" to purchase a 2 door car because a 2 door car is not easy to use in service.

Yeah, and because some "brothers" cannot "counsel" the young ones in the back seat comfortably.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit