Questions for the Biblical God

by Saethydd 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

2 Questions for the wt,bible god:

1) did you expect us to read the bible, your word? --Then

2). why did you not read it yourself, first; proofreading for scientific errors, before publishing it?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The god of the bible is about ignorance, fear, superstition, lying, corruption, oppression, death, murder, illogical intellect. social prejudice and slavery.

On yes bogus corrupt men (WTS) intent into immersing themselves in the power of this god, causing unparalleled human damage and social injustice.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Sir82 Wait a minute....
    God's holy book says my heart is "treacherous".
    How do I know if the condition of my heart is "right"? Suppose I see evidence that convinces me that God really does exist. How do I know that I'm not just being deceived by my "treacherous" heart?
    Can't have it both ways.

That was basically Rene Descarte's argument, except he proposed it may be an evil fairy creating an 'illusion' or dream about what is or isn't real or true, but it amounts to the same question really and it's a damned good one. All you can really know is that you yourself exist...else you would not be posing any question. It's ' The cogito' I think therefore I am. He basically tried to strip it all away and build It up from that one proposition.

I'm sure u guys know all this but I thought I'd point it out for Jew be.😄

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I recall a Watchtower article (don't remember which one exactly), who's purpose was to disprove hell as a place that Satan rules over and punishes the wicked. To prove such a notion as illogical they used the illustration of a father who discovers that a wicked person has been influencing their child to behave badly, then they asked the question: Would it make sense for the parent to have that child punished by the wicked person who led them astray? I thought that the argument made sense at the time, however, since then I have realized that the God of the Bible did use that very method. I'm not referring to hell, but rather to his dealing with the Israelites. According to the Bible God used the Assyrians and the Babylonians to punish Isreal, but here is the thing, both of those nations were rife with idolatry and such things and may have even influenced the Israelites into taking up those practices.

Why would God punish his people for straying from the "true religion" by sending them to a place that would have such a bad influence on them by exposing them to even more idolatry?

• schnell
    schnell
    Why would God punish his people for straying from the "true religion" by sending them to a place that would have such a bad influence on them by exposing them to even more idolatry?

Profound plot hole in the Bible.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

And that doesn't even bring up the fact that those nations conquered a bunch of other people who had nothing to do with the Israelites, thus Occam's Razor suggests that they just got swept along with the rest of Mesopotamia and then tried to use that to explain why the "true God" didn't protect them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My question to God:

"Dude, have you ever Googled 'horrifying sea life'?
    Seriously, what the f**k, man?
    Were you marathonning Clive Barker movies that day or something???"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit