Giordano

I think it boils down to this:

“silence is the language of god,

all else is poor translation.”

Jalaluddin Rumi

Jalaluddin Rumi

• prologos
    prologos
    Saethydd you asked: "You can? I'm not familiar with them. Could you post them here?

Rev 9:10, 11:10, 14:10 20:10 The bible god put them there, for those that want to take them literally, and billions did, and some still do.

death and decay are needed for the systems of the universe, as they currently exist, to be balanced and progressive.

good point. This Universe has as a feature progression through time into the future. To keep on the move, proceed and progress , develop into something perhaps better, it seems to have to work as it does.

added: Most likely your kind of an ideal universe, would have to be a static, sterile one, with no progression, handcrafted in one shot. by contrast

The bible god is, after all an invention of the bible writers, limited and sincere they possibly all were, in their time. We have moved on, and the creator's works, not supposed words, works, that we see so much better than those before us, should be the new guide to answer your questions.

The creator is not silent, because works speak louder than words.

Pain is generated only in the brain, the mind, and I have a true story to tell about that.

p,s, sorry to have hijacked this thread, I am not advocating the discourse with or about the bile/wt god. [typo], I meant bible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Gods were originally envisioned by man based upon the ignorance that mankind endured through observation and experience of the world in which we live, in ancient times and even today.

These ideological concepts gave answer to why and how and for what reason all that exists on this planet including are selves. One could look at it as a social psychological necessity to appeal to give answer to the unknowns..

Most ancient civilizations thought that supernatural powerful agents were control of what happened here on earth, relative to the people living, therefore it was very important to derived a connecting relationship to these supernatural beings to help humanity through the enduring perils of living.

Here is an informative debate concerning the existence of a supernatural creator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTezZFZH098

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Rev 9:10, 11:10, 14:10 20:10 The bible god put them there, for those that want to take them literally, and billions did, and some still do.

Perhaps I'm just not reading enough context but all of those verses with exception of the last one appear to me to still be talking about suffering for physical creatures, not spiritual ones.

added: Most likely your kind of an ideal universe, would have to be a static, sterile one, with no progression, handcrafted in one shot. by contrast

That's one way to put it I suppose, though it sounds kind of bleak when described like that, however, it does raise an interesting philosophical question. Which is better, an imperfect universe that grows, changes, and makes progress, or a perfect universe that has no need to ever change at all because progress is unnecessary under such conditions? While such a universe might sound boring to those of used to this one, it was in fact perfection wouldn't that necessitate that its denizens also find it in engaging?

But anyway I may be getting off of my own original topic with that line of thought. XD

• smiddy
    smiddy

"I must acknowledge that the Universe is a large place that is filled with much beauty so the possibillity of an intelligent mind being behind it is certainly their."

The Universe is also a place of massive destruction and chaos .Stars that die ,Galaxys that collide ,super nova`s ,meteorites that collide with planets ( not just earths ) just to name a few examples .

Why does every living thing on this planet live off the death of another living thing ? Whether its life on the land in the skys or under the sea ,every living thing preys on another living thing .

And dont get me started on how bloodthirsty Jehovah is ,having his people slaughtering millions of animals and birds to satisfy his blood lust as sacrifices to appease him .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the suggestion of the universe being designed by a single intelligent creator.

Lets make anther hypothetical suggestion.........

Asteroids hit planets all the time and some large ones have hit are own planet earth killing off much of the plant life and animal life.

There is pretty confirming evidence that this is how the dinosaurs went extinct.

So if it became aware to humanity that another large asteroid was going to impact onto the earth, again notably killing off most of everything living on this planet including are selves, would the creationists still claim of an intelligent grand creator of the universe ?

• anointed1
    anointed1

I believe even atheists are the part of God’s design. When religionists go into one extreme (doing inhuman things such as violation of human rights and religious atrocities of the Dark Ages…) this become the cause for the other extreme to appear—materialists. Thus existence of atheists offsets against the extremities of the religionists—thus atheists do a great favor to the humanity. In God’s eyes, atheists are better than religionists because religionists use God as a means to get material blessings from God (means their actual love is towards things of God, not God) which means God is used (like a carpet), not loved.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

So if it became aware to humanity that another large asteroid was going to impact onto the earth, again notably killing off most of everything living on this planet including are selves, would the creationists still claim of an intelligent grand creator of the universe ?

I imagine they would think it a sign from God that everyone else (except for their particular religious group of course) has been wicked and thus are about to be destroyed. Much the same way Bible writers probably used the idolatry of the Israelites to rationalize their being conquered by a much larger nation, even though they were supposed to be "God's People."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Questions for the Biblical God

Image result for where the bloody hell are you?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I imagine they would think it a sign from God that everyone else (except for their particular religious group of course) has been wicked and thus are about to be destroyed

Interesting within the realization that they too were about to be destroyed as well, including JWS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit