BBC: US tries to Boost Patriotism, Faked Rescue: Jessica Lynch

by Cassiline 57 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Cass,

What's up darlin' having trouble posting?

• foreword
    foreword

So if I'm all that wrong, what's this?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,6519950%255E2703,00.html

On the basis of such articles, I can claim that your administration has lied. Stop taking this personally, (I stated this a few posts up), or else I'm the one who's gonna have to say you're an idiot.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find what I said about Saddam. Might take me more than a few minutes though.

As far as the US, I share the following article's point of view, it only makes sense that you don't fight violence with violence. They were the agressors this time, so I spoke my mind.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/europe/view/40907/1/.html

Arafat and Israel can have their little fight, they are both guilty of terrorism. Al-Qaeda, I see them as freedom fighters, I just don't believe they are doing it right. You guys chose to kill civilians, does that make you terrorists too? What makes you guys so fuc$ing special, with the right to bomb others, hein?

Really, what's the difference between you guys and Al-Qaeda?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

You guys chose to kill civilians, does that make you terrorists too? What makes you guys so fuc$ing special, with the right to bomb others, hein?

Civilian causalities are NEVER chosen by a soldier. I’m quite sure that many will state the Vietnam War and the stigma associated with the conflict. The above statement is way off base IMO. Come on. Any soldier when faced with combat makes decisions that are life and death hair splitting moments. There are few soldiers far and in between who WANT to kill anyone.

Al-Qaeda VS the

Yeru

I am having problems posting only half the post if up on the other page and is not stating my final point.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What's this? That's an article that states that the UN Weapons inspectors believed the WMD were there in Iraq. It still hasn't been shown they aren't. The Inspectors had 12 years, we've not had 12 weeks yet to find these things. Aside from this Saddam's cronies now in custody say that they've been sending WMD to Syria since 1995. Other reports have have Saddam ordering the destruction of many of the WMD just days before the invasion. What the media seems intent on ignoring is that Saddam's connection to Terror has been proven beyond a doubt.

Al-Qaeda, I see them as freedom fighters

And you're just showing you're a freakin idiot. Go tell the families of the 9-11 victims what it is exactly their fighting for...truth justice and the fundementalist muslim way?

When's the last time the US intentionally targeted innocent civilians? Do civilians die in war? yes, that's unfortunate, but they've NOT been intentionally targeted. Our enemies, however, take great delight in setting up their military hardware close to civilian areas.

Arafat and Israel can have their little fight, they are both guilty of terrorism.

I think we need a working definition of Terrorism then, while Israel has been pretty darned harsh, it's not unwarranted, Arabs have been attacking their very existence as a nation since it's inception.

it only makes sense that you don't fight violence with violence. They were the agressors this time, so I spoke my mind.

Really, so how do you defeat guys like Hitler? Blow kisses at em? Saddam was the aggressor, it started with Kuwait. Had Saddam complied with the UN resolutions, this war would not have happened? So why aren't you criticizing him for not complying? Guys like Saddam respond to one thing only strength. Had the UN presented a united front with France and Germany backing the US, Saddam might have realized he had no out, and might have complied. You talk about lining your pockets? This explains why France was oppossed to a Hard Line with Saddam, their complicity with his Regime which has been proven.

If you have to ask that question, you really are an IDIOT,
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline
    On the basis of such articles, I can claim that your administration has lied. Stop taking this personally, (I stated this a few posts up), or else I'm the one who's gonna have to say you're an idiot.

How can he not take it personally with the statements that follow in your post?

I am having difficulties posting and most of my posts are blank and missing half my words. There are soldiers who are angered by the fact that there are bad apples so to speak in the military. They are embarassed by the stats I posted earlier. For the Military to have the need for

the values which Yeru hold so dear to his heart and Patriot are assumed to be carried by all soldiers, when there are those who exibit the qualities

life WOMD

• foreword
    foreword
    Any soldier when faced with combat makes decisions that are life and death hair splitting moments

If I'm defending myself and my family, it might happen. That's not what you did. You terrorized a whole city for a couple of weeks, bombed the hell out of it, scared the shit out of a bunch of children. Those are not life and death hair splitting moments, but just plain terrorism. And for what? To topple Saddam. What business of yours was that anyway? He wasn't even connected to 9/11.

And now you can't even explain why you did. No one but yourselves are impressed with your show of power.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    You terrorized a whole city for a couple of weeks, bombed the hell out of it, scared the shit out of a bunch of children. Those are not life and death hair splitting moments, but just plain terrorism.

The point I was trying to make is established in the fact broad generalizations are made and one points a finger at the soldier and not the administration who commands their every action

Now by saying YOU have done

Yeru has generalized value system as well in saying

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

gahhhh

Forget it NONE of my posts are coming up correct... I will try again to fix them later

• foreword
    foreword

That's true, I have a tendency to use "you" in the wrong way. I've done this in the past. So yes you are right I should be more specific. Probably why I said I wasn't attacking anyone personally, but I was too late. Sorry about that.

Your posting problem must be the most annoying thing. Hope you can pinpoint the problem.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Foreword,

You said,

That's true, I have a tendency to use "you" in the wrong way. I've done this in the past. So yes you are right I should be more specific. Probably why I said I wasn't attacking anyone personally, but I was too late. Sorry about that.

Yep, I took it as a personal attack on my integrity, and the integrity of the soldiers I know and love so well. As Cass stated, there are some bad eggs, but overall those values mentioned by Patriot are real and held dear by the soldiers I associate with. More so in the Special Ops community.

I guess we need to cool this thing down a bit. If the above was an apology, then I accept and extend the same to you.

I still can't see your point of view and don't understand why you are so ready to accept unsubstantiated claims against America, the Bush Administration, and Bush in general.

I can gaurantee though that if Special Ops troops were involved there were no "blanks" used, and this was not staged. Like I explained before, there are some pretty standard ways of assaulting an Objective. You go in with the presumption that there are guys there that want to kill you, and you attack with OVERWHELMING FORCE. That's what it looks like the Spec Ops guys did. The US government is saying the hostile fire came at the security element, not the assault element. I find no reason to doubt that, especially considering it was in a city under attack. I do think it would be easy for the Pentagon to clear this mess up, but they've chosen not to. Then again, the military isn't known for it's cooperation with the media (which is a good thing in my opinion, journalists are tricky).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit