BBC: US tries to Boost Patriotism, Faked Rescue: Jessica Lynch

by Cassiline 57 Replies latest social current

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    When it first happened, it looked suspiciously like a staged media event at a time when the war effort was a bit bogged down and needed some positive news to knock a lot of cock-ups off the front pages.

Umm, yeah, so all you nay-sayers were quiet back then....why? No words of "it looked fake" back then.

Oh, you forgot to mention it during all those other *war* threads? You just remembered that it looked fake--when you saw a news story saying that.

Since pr_capone is the only ex-jw I know of who signed up for service, I would say he has lots of grit and courage....which I cannot say about any of you arm chair soldiers. It is so easy to to be critical and courageous in front of your keyboards isn't it?

Edited to add:

Welcome back Patriot...we have not seen you in a long time. Keep posting. Your name says alot...

• foreword
    foreword

Don't worry and no need to apologize, I don't get insulted easy.

What have I done to make the world a better place?

Speak out against those who use violence to make this planet a worst place, and in the process line their pockets, that's what. What did you do to make this planet a better place?

Lie? Name one lie, show that the administration has intentionally misinformed the public.

I'm not the only one who seems to think that Powell lied to the UN. Has he proven his allegations?

Why the Pentagon hasn't released the video in full, I don't know and can't answer,

So why get bent all out of shape if you can't answer. If you believe you have a right to support a cause based on half truths, then I'm entitled to the same.

Yup, you can call me a jerk but I'm not the one promoting violence, am I?

• foreword
    foreword

Idiots like foreword?

Wow....thanks. Now I feel really qualified.

The uneducated and uninformed making judgements like this is ridiculous.

Are you saying that you'll only find educated and informed individuals in the military?

Like you know the whole story... you already admitted to not knowing....what makes your comments more educated or informed than others.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Actually, a lot of what Powell said in the UN is proven. The rest remains to be proven or disproven, but NOTHING Powell said at the UN has been shown to be a lie. The mobile Bio-Labs are a good example of the naysayers being wrong and Powell being right.

Speak out against those who use violence to make this planet a worst place, and in the process line their pockets, that's what. What did you do to make this planet a better place?

Really? you spoke out against Saddam Hussein, WHEN, WHERE! You Speak out against the violence perpetrated by Al Qaeda? WHEN, WHERE! You've spoke out against Yasir Arafat? WHEN, WHERE! WHEN and WHERE have you spoke out against any of the world's despots? Your criticism seems to be reserved for the United States. Lining their pockets? BASELESS ACCUSATIONS, where's the proof.

Like you know the whole story... you already admitted to not knowing....what makes your comments more educated or informed than others.

My opinion on military operations, expecially Special Ops, comes from five years of working in the Special Ops community and serving 13 years in the military. What is the basis of your expertise to accuse them of lying. You're not a pacafist, you're a gutless coward.

So why get bent all out of shape if you can't answer. If you believe you have a right to support a cause based on half truths, then I'm entitled to the same.
    The cause you support? What cause is that, the "Attack the Bush Administration at any cost and it's ok to lie" cause? I can't answer for the Pentagon I can answer for the soldiers involved, it's this comment I'm uspet about, you called me, them and all soldiers a liar. You've questioned my integrity. I take you to task for that you spineless twit.
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

The reality is that Yeru is right. No self respecting Spec Ops team is going to take the credit for something they did not do. We (they) live by a certain code:

Loyalty

Duty

Respect

Selfless service

Honor

Integrity

Personal courage

Which is more than most people will ever live by. I would no ever, ever lie about a rescue mission that did not take place, I'd rather get articled 15nd that lie about such things, as Im pretty sure that those soldiers involved feel.

I see this and truly wonder why the military thinks they operate any differently then the rest of the citizens of the world. My husband is in the military and I work with the Military police. My job for the armed forces lets me speak with some authority as I see it. My opinion is based on statistics only and has nothing whatsoever to do with the unfortunate hostility that surrounds the military now due to the war at hand.

The rate of violence; murder, rape, suicide, domestic violence, etc. is no better then the rest of the world. In fact I have to venture based on the statistics, military personnel in the area of domestic violence are worse the then general population.

However, I am not saying that some soldiers try to live up to the code of ethics you post it all reality that spousal violence occurs in one out of three Army families each year - double-to-triple the civilian rate. The Armed Forces in general have disproportionately high rate of family violence. I also realize that the stresses of military families are quite different then the general population. Factoring all these into play one can reason this is acceptable but IMSHO is far from acceptable.

• Cassiline
  • Cassiline
  • Cassiline
  • Cassiline
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

The military in general has a stigma associated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit