What I Don't Miss at a District Convention

by simplesally 51 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    The fact that there were tons of hot chicks, but none of them put out unless you planned to marry them.

Simply not true! Even some of the more pious ones would gie you an, ummmm, well, let's just call it a "hand release". And those are the ones I had just met. No offense to any of the x-dub ladies on here, but if you know what your doing, dub chix are easy!

• DIM
    DIM

I second that motion, this is my 2nd summer without VET STADIUM and I don't miss it at all!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't miss

---- getting counsel that says I cannot choose my own hotel! That I must follow Society guidelines and get a hotel on the list of "approved" hotels/motels.

---- the mother's room, like someone said, it's very loud! When you are there to pay attention and trying to listen it's just too hard with all the chattering.

---- waiting in long lines to get "free" publications that aren't worthy of those with a 2nd grade education.

---- hypocritical elders and their hypocritical smug wives.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I don't miss:

the young "just married" couples walking around holding hands

sloppy hogies and warm shasta ( i know that's been mentioned, but i feel it deserves another)

the toddler in the "nursing mothers only" bathroom getting spanked for "misbehaving" (for christ's sake, the poor kid is SICK from drinking warm milk in a stuffy auditorium!!)

the self important attendants telling me where to park, where to sit, where to fart

the mad rush for the door after the closing prayer (we all looked like stupid cattle)

the mad rush for newly released literature (again, we all looked like stupid cattle)

the mad rush for the flowers used to decorate the podium (we all looked like stupid cattle)

sitting in traffic afterward waiting for the parking idiot attendant to point you in the wrong direction

everyone walking by with noses in the air "righteously" and desparately trying to ignor the blaring megaphones of the *gasp*!!! APOSTATES. Parents yanking their children's arm if one of them turned to *gasp*!! look at them!

• manon
    manon

Hours of sitting it was numbingly brutaland then to do it all over again the next day.

• Ray6
    Ray6

I remember the sign holding dubs. The signs said "Please be seated", "Please keep moving" and "Please keep quiet", no body every paid attention.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I don't miss getting elbowed in the ribs by my wife just when I'm getting a good snooze going.

I don't miss driving 45 minutes to get to the stadium just to snooze. I can do that at home.

I don't miss having people glare at me when I drop my bible as I'm falling asleep.

I don't miss the 10 minute closing prayer that rehashes 3 days of drivel. Are they trying to put me to sleep again???

I don't miss the kingdom songs. They're a rude awakening.

I don't miss the people coming up saying it's SOOOO nice to see me. We dislike each other. Let's admit it, shut up, and let me sleep.

I don't miss putting all that extra mileage on my truck just to go to sleep.

There's very little I can do at a convention that I can't do better somewhere else. Except, maybe, get pissed off.

Walter

• rocketman
    rocketman

Veterans Stadium.....ditto here ashi!

I think that finally this year they are having indoor conventions in Philadelphia.

What I don't miss:

Traffic jams heading into and out of the convention area

The Heat!

Loooong, Boooooring Talks and parts

Packing a lunch everyday

Packing water so that we didn't dehydrate

Sunburn

One thing I do miss: There were a lot of cute gals for the eye to behold (all modestly dressed of course.....come to think of it, there were alot of gals who wore some revealing stuff. Well, it is a fierce competition after all, since the sis's always seemed to vastly outnumber the bros, or at least the non-loser bros)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    There were a lot of cute gals for the eye to behold (all modestly dressed of course.....come to think of it, there were alot of gals who wore some revealing stuff. Well, it is a fierce competition after all, since the sis's always seemed to vastly outnumber the bros, or at least the non-loser bros)

Yes. I always used the binoculars of my friends to check out the hot sisters while pretending to get a better look at the guys on the field. I would just write down a scripture once in a whole to fool everybody....LOL

ash

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I would have to agree...the Shasta sodas, nasty ucky hoagies, fruitbags, and the potatoe chips they gave out only had 4 chips to a bag. Like others have mentioned those AWFUL 15 min. prayers. Oooh, there were many times I wanted to just walk out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit